i30 Owners Club

Fitting Honda Civic alloys

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
Hey all, I am looking at fitting a set of Civic alloys to my 2013 i30 GD. The PCD of the alloys are the same and pretty much everything else except the center bore which is 64.1mm, whereas the i30 hubs are 67.1.
Would I be able to use a spacer on each wheel to get a flush fit therefore bypassing the center hub or is it best to have the hole widened by a machinist with CNC or a lathe?
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome.

An interesting scenario! I am no wheel expert but I think I can safely say no way would I use a spacer to push the wheel out further so it doesn't sit properly on the hub!  :crazy1:

As for machining the hole to make it bigger that would need to be done very accurately (could be hard) as if it were out by even a couple of millimetres could cause all sorts of issues. :sweating:

Have you got a photo be interested to see which wheel you are considering.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You’ll fail your MOT with wheel spacers :disapp: resizing the centre would be crazy imo as you’re messing with the structural integrity of how the wheel was cast.

When playing with wheels or suspension it’s either do it right or don’t do it at all...you don’t want anyone else or yourself being scraped of the road when a wheel fails on you :eek:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:07:39 by CraigB »

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for the replys, it's hard finding the right rim size that will fit unless you pay £500.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just be patient, something will pop up 2nd hand somewhere.

I sold 5 of my 16” genuine Hyundai alloys with tyres only 15000kms for $400 = £233

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
As you said Craig,  bound to be something out there.
PCD & Centerbore & Offset are critical , be patient Stokey, you'll find it soon enough.
Don't forget center caps, what brand logo do you wish?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@StokeyBry

In Australia wheel and tyre shops run some great wheel specials from time to time. Surely they would do that over there too?

We have bought the Wife base model cars in the past and then upgraded to nice looking alloy wheels the same size so we could use the original tyres for around A$100 each.

The i30 is a very common stud pattern/size so as Craig says the chances of second hand wheels coming up is high.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Ok I will keep a look out, I have scoured the web and found all sorts of different information but yes ultimately you need like for like.

For center caps I'm not fussy on brand standard Hyundai is fine

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If you can tells us what size wheels you're chasing then others might be able to assist in your search.

Ebay is always a good start or Gumtree which might provided better local search results.

Like these on ebay.uk 40GBP each, 4 available and they're  17's , not 18" as mentioned in the title :link: HYUNDAI I30 2013 Alloy Wheels 18 " x1 VGC (4 available) | eBay
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 13:43:52 by CraigB »

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Sorry yes I am looking for 16" alloy wheels to fit the 205/55/16 tyres.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal