i30 Owners Club

Spark plugs i30n !!!

Baz870134 · 11 · 10558

Offline Baz870134

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Anyone else seen plugs as bad after 20000 miles ??

• I30n

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Colour of the electrode in the top 3 seems to be good. Not sure if it is shadow or is the lowest one fully black.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Baz870134

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The pic ain't best but I was told poss been arcing ! One of them was loose and one was so tight it was touch and go getting it out ......bottom one is fully black !

Problems started few month before changing them ...mainly on cold startup  then in  prior to changing it chucked engine management light  ....

As I don't drive the car hardly the Mrs thought it was running ok !!!!!

So was left longer than it should have been tbh before I got it looked at .

All good now 80 pounds later and new plugs 👍
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 20:04:44 by Baz870134 »
  • I30n

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Gees!!!!
Are you saying that the sparkplugs were 20 pounds each?  :crazy1:

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Gees!!!!

Modern iridium etc. plugs are expensive, but they last longer. I used to get 4 spark plugs with 10€, but had to change them every 10tkm.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Gees!!!!

Modern iridium etc. plugs are expensive, but they last longer. I used to get 4 spark plugs with 10€, but had to change them every 10tkm.
Hyundai will add $180 to $200 to your service costs for 4 iridium plugs, I was able to find the same plugs via eBay for $68 :)

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I have bought a Denso iridium set of 4 for my Getz for less than AUSD50.

Offline Baz870134

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Yes 20 pound each !!! Plus they were dealer only available !!(also I didn't have time to go to ebay ECT ...none of the motor factors here had any plugs listed for i30n !)

Each plug is tbh goosed...kaput ...  Also while they were getting changed we found a rubber plug cover possibly a blank cover down next to the plug probaly from when it was put together at factory ....one of the plugs that was loose(not much more than finger tight) had signs of condensation /rust on the threads

I'm going to let the main dealer see the state of them and also explain how badly they were installed (according to local garage )! It's one of them things I suppose plugs do go bad 🤔plus the dab radio now is cutting out constant so the car is going in for that !
  • I30n

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I've heard a couple of people locally saying DAB is cutting out so just an outside chance its not the radio.

mine seems ok but for some reason i find myself walking more than driving at the moment.

Offline Baz870134

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I've heard a couple of people locally saying DAB is cutting out so just an outside chance its not the radio.

mine seems ok but for some reason i find myself walking more than driving at the moment.

It was working fine couple months ago ...I have dab in my van and it works spot on no dropping out anywhere locally but the car one is useless now for some reason ...hyundai are willing to look at it under warranty 👍
  • I30n

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
You could also have a quick look at your local DAB transmitter status just in case of maintenance:
:link: Issues with DAB | Help receiving TV and radio
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal