i30 Owners Club

[i30 PD / Elantra GT] Lamp assembly retaining screw covers replacement

ibull · 7 · 2004

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear
Hi All,

Does anyone know where can I get a replacement for the retaining screw cover?

• 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Snapped them?  Don't be surprised if you can not.  The FD SERIES  ones break easily.  And you have to buy a complete taillight.

For PD
Ask a dealer or find a damaged PD series unit in a wrecking yard  and hopefully get them cheap that way.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:33:03 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear
Snapped them?  Don't be surprised if you can not.  The FD SERIES  ones break easily.  And you have to buy a complete taillight.
Ask a dealer or find a damaged unit in a wrecking yard  and hopefully get them cheap that way.
Yea snapped one of them off.

My god, didn't know they don't sell that standalone.

Hopefully the FD ones will fit the PD, gonna check out the wreckers then.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ask a dealer or find a damaged unit in a wrecking yard  and hopefully get them cheap that way.

I had an idea.  :idea:

Carefully fill it with matching dark silicone and smooth it off with a  "Stanley knife" blade. (if you can't easily get a replacement)
Would be easy enough to scoop the silicone out in the unlikely event you need to remove them again.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

No, I never suggested they'd fit. I'm using my car as an example that they are not available. By all means check or find a PD i30 if you can with a damaged rear assembly but intact covers.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear

No, I never suggested they'd fit. I'm using my car as an example that they are not available. By all means check or find a PD i30 if you can with a damaged rear assembly but intact covers.
Ahh my bad. Misread then.

Unfortunately, the i30 is still pretty much a new model (early 2018) here in SG thus finding spares might be tough.

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear

I had an idea.  :idea:

Carefully fill it with matching dark silicone and smooth it off with a  "Stanley knife" blade. (if you can't easily get a replacement)
Would be easy enough to scoop the silicone out in the unlikely event you need to remove them again.  :cool:
Was hoping to find a more permanent solution

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal