i30 Owners Club

Do you need a keep alive memory tool when replacing battery

Offline billy638

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London
Hi guys,
I need a new battery. I did some research and I found out the some cars need a keep alive memory tool: so you don't lose any data from your car like radio stations etc... I have Hyundai i30 FD 2011. Do I need that tool when replacing the battery on this model? Or does it need it?
Many thanks
  • Hyundai i30 2011 FD HatchBack CRDi

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I remembered the time i had NRMA came out to replace the battery on my old Subaru Forester 2002 model.  NRMA actually hooked it up to another power source while he replaced the battery.  Everything went pretty smooth

Didn't lost any memory on the clock or settings on the radio.  Are you going to replace it yourself or calling NRMA?  If you are calling NRMA then I am pretty sure they would have the tools for it.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I remembered the time i had NRMA came out to replace the battery on my old Subaru Forester 2002 model.  NRMA actually hooked it up to another power source while he replaced the battery.  Everything went pretty smooth

Didn't lost any memory on the clock or settings on the radio.  Are you going to replace it yourself or calling NRMA?  If you are calling NRMA then I am pretty sure they would have the tools for it.
Don't think NRMA does call outs to London. 😀
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Doh!!! Silly me   :-[

PS: note to self - check member location b4 replying next time.   :head_knock:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi guys,
I need a new battery. I did some research and I found out the some cars need a keep alive memory tool: so you don't lose any data from your car like radio stations etc... I have Hyundai i30 FD 2011. Do I need that tool when replacing the battery on this model? Or does it need it?
Many thanks

No need for that.

Radio code needs to be re entered but 2011 probably does not have it.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Doh!!! Silly me   :-[

PS: note to self - check member location b4 replying next time.   :head_knock:

:rofl: :rofl:

Hopefully billy has realised same , or has invited local 'NRMA' home to play with his battery. 'Not Real Mechanic Ali'
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Hi guys,
Many thanks

No need for that.

Is that a security code you are entering?
I don't recall seeing a code mentioned in the handbooks or are you referring to re entering the stations?
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi guys,
Many thanks

No need for that.

Is that a security code you are entering?
I don't recall seeing a code mentioned in the handbooks or are you referring to re entering the stations?

Yeah he's talking security code, but can't recall needing one with any of our 4 x i30's
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
    :goodjob2: seemed to mainly be earlier i30s

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal