* Fuel Calculator

Who's Online

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

December 09, 2018, 03:17:59 by marc.knuckle | Views: 209 | Comments: 13

Dash Cam
Hi all

I was looking into fitting a dash cam to the i30 but didn't really want to mess around connecting to the fuse box. Is there an easier way. For example, are the power sockets both permanent live or ignition live i could use?

Cheers.

p.s. for future reference, is there a letter designation for my 67 plate i30? Like my Astra being a 59 plate was an Astra H.
December 07, 2018, 08:02:00 by marc.knuckle | Views: 188 | Comments: 8

Door Locking
Hi guys

I found a previous thread on this but couldn't add to it unfortunately.

Bought a new i30, 67 plate, a week or so ago. This morning when i got in the door wouldn't stay shut. On checking outside the handle was stuck out. It went back in easy enough.

Anyone know the easiest solution for this? It's wd40 safe for the paint work if i squirt some in?

Cheers, Marc
December 01, 2018, 06:53:51 by thebeardedone | Views: 282 | Comments: 7

Possessed
So I've had my 2012 FD for almost a year now. Recently the car started jerking during acceleration and the radio goes on the fritz.

It felt like the car was misfiring, so I took it in to Hyundai, they checked it out an said there was just a loose connector. I drove it home from the dealership and it was fine for that trip and the radio behaved itself as well.

The next I left to go to work and the problem was back. The past day or so the car also seems to idle a little rough and it feels like the power just isn't there anymore.

The radio works fine on FM and AM but I switch to USB, it reads the drive, plays the song for a few seconds and then goes back to FM, then detects there's a ub drive and repeats the p...
November 23, 2018, 23:57:14 by POR930 | Views: 380 | Comments: 19

ABS & disks
I have an 2018 i30 Elite. Great little car. The smart cruise control works great and if some one brakes in front, so do we, though, some times I feel the Smart cruise brakes are a little severe. My question is about the AEB, which I don't think I have ever seen working, even when purposely driving up to the rear of a car and waiting to see the AEB kick in...nothing. I have the AEB tick selected on in the little LCD tick box. I have never touched the ESC, so presume it is on?

If the AEB is selected on, does it signal so on the LCD when you are driving? 
November 23, 2018, 13:35:35 by electroman5000 | Views: 417 | Comments: 8

Handbrake
Hello, fellow i30 owners and lovers!

I've noticed an issues for 2 days now - as I pull the handbrake up when parked - the warning light on the dashboard does not come on. But in the ignition mode (before starting the engine) it does light up , as a pre-start check, I guess. So I wonder what to do now - either go HY and let them sort it out (there's still 4 months of warranty left), and hope that it's a warranty case, or go some independent garage (I got a few a locally) and let them boys fix it. I'm thinking it's probably the handbrake sensor, or some related wiring/plug on it.
Does anyone know where is it located exactly? Did anyone experience such an problem? The handbrake functions as normal, no issues there, just it's n...
November 21, 2018, 07:19:49 by sheff30 | Views: 348 | Comments: 12

Handbrake
Hi Has anyone found a caliper return spring that will fit the Handbrake return on the rear caliper - I just contacted the dealer and was told it's not available separately but comes as part of a caliper meaning you have to pay in the region of £250 for a £5 spring  :faint:
November 19, 2018, 10:06:57 by pcmc | Views: 451 | Comments: 8

Bulbs
Hello All,

My i30 dashboard background light becomes unstable and flashes.
Starting up the engine, or even driving for 20 miles make no difference.
It only settles down when the side lights are turned on.

I have uploaded a short clip into youtube:
:link: hyundai i30 Dashboard background light unstable 20181109 121909 - YouTube

Much appreciated for any advice on this.

Regards,
Peter
November 16, 2018, 03:06:37 by Jamesi30 | Views: 145 | Comments: 2

Windscreen Washer
I was searching for the capacity for the windscreen washer reservoir on my 2017 PD i30 5 door hatch. The dashboard kindly notified me that the level was getting low after my first 5000kms of driving.

I could not find the capacity anywhere. I read Terry Tís thread but no definitive results there unfortunately.

Today I made up 5 litres of washer mixture and filled the reservoir. This was from totally empty to half way up the filler spout.

Capacity was 4.5 litres.

That is a quite a large capacity I think.
November 13, 2018, 21:32:43 by Purplehazeffc | Views: 320 | Comments: 16

Oil
Hello all..

This has come up on a USA based forum.  In regards from changing the grade of oil used..

As most of us would know. Hyundai recommend in the owners handbook the use of 5W-30 oil..
This service bulletin has that to being changed to 5W-40 oil. For better engine protection.

While it is dated Sept 2016. The engines are still the current ones in use.

Thoughts??   If you change your own oil, what do you use..
I change mine at the 5000k mark. Dealer at the 10k service.  Using Penrite 5W-30 ACEA A5/B5    :link: FULL SYNTHETIC 5W-30 | Penrite Oil

[img]https://preview.ib...
November 12, 2018, 21:58:52 by kroner | Views: 547 | Comments: 8

Vibration
Hi Guys.
thought i share with you, in the hope I can find some tips.
I have this weird ticking or clicking noise that is exacerbated when the car is cold (even in hot weather)
specially, when I don't drive it for a day or two. The noise appears to come from the front right (drivers side) either at the very front of the dashboard or past the window in the bonnet.

IT does seem to sometimes click or tick when going over bumps and stuff, but I Can't reliably tell that, but definitely when cold.

My mechanic had a look to see if anything was loose, and put it down to something inside the dash.
but i don't agree, why the cold would have any effect on it?

after a 15m it would be back to silent....
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15

Calendar

December 2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
42 Posts