i30 Owners Club

SR induction

SR · 4 · 1951

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Hello guys, I'm really keen to upgrade my induction,  getting rid of the box and.adding a stainless pipe and cone filter.  But I'm a bit of a noob and need a hand as to where to buy parts and what sizes etc. All I know at the moment is that the outer diameter of my throttle body is 76mm. After that I suppose a larger pipe and cone would be better? Any help I'd love, I'm guessing supercheap etc?? Also are cone filters sized by outer or inner diameter? As I'd want to buy a small one for the rocker cover breather.  :crazy1: thanks  :victory:
  • 2013 petrol SR 6 speed automatic

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can get all the fittings from Supercheap - aluminium and silicone pipe, 3" - 76mm is what you'll need, filter sizes are measured from the inside the connection.

A 3" filter connection by 5" width and 6" length is what I managed to fit in behind the fog light and wheel well.

Here's a pic of mine

You'll need to mount the end of the induction pipe to the chassis or pipe it through a alloy plate as I've done or else vibration will be felt through the car when you plant ya foot, it'll help block heat as well.

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
That looks really well done, is the filter directly behind that plate? You.think there's better response with this fitted? :D
  • 2013 petrol SR 6 speed automatic

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's a 90 degree silicone bend through the plate and a further extension has the filter sitting just below the chassis rail.

You should notice a bit better response and power with an intake kit, I haven't played with an SR though.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal