i30 Owners Club

SR engine

SR · 14 · 3792

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what other Hyundai models they use the Sr 2.0 petrol engine in? I'm looking for a good set of extractors for it etcso wondering if another model uses this already?

Thanks  :winker:
  • 2013 petrol SR 6 speed automatic

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The New Tucson and the current i40 use the same 2.0 GDI motor in some models ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

They produce the same power and torque as your i30 unfortunately. ..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I can only find extractors to fit the Beta and Theta 2ltr, nothing for the GDi 2ltr :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Is it too expensive to get some fabricated?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Is it too expensive to get some fabricated?
A very time consuming process, somewhere in the region of $2500 if you want them done right.

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Yeah that's a bit rich for me. I went onto shark racing and they seemed to.have a set on there. No idea if it would.fit mine though.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yeah that's a bit rich for me. I went onto shark racing and they seemed to.have a set on there. No idea if it would.fit mine though.
Do you have a link? I could only see 1.6ltr headers at Shark Racing, K-Tunning has a few different types for 2ltr but not your model.

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Apologies. It was on.perfoemance exhaust.com and it's an extractor set for the 2.0 elantra  :'(
Why is there nothing for these cars yet  :confused:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There's just not enough 2ltr's about I guess :undecided: the only reason I was able to get extractors for my 1.6ltr is because it's a popular engine in Korea and also used in the Veloster and a couple of Kia models.

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
I'm pretty sure your 2.0 NU already has a really good set of extractors fitted from factory. Unlike the cast iron type on the 1.8, the two litre has a sweet set of welded extractors. This was talked about elsewhere and the conclusion was that it's not worth changing them because they are already very good. If you listen to a 2.0 at start up, it sounds more tinny than the 1.8, that's because the tube extractors make a ring sound compared to the cast iron of the 1.8.
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm pretty sure your 2.0 NU already has a really good set of extractors fitted from factory. Unlike the cast iron type on the 1.8, the two litre has a sweet set of welded extractors. This was talked about elsewhere and the conclusion was that it's not worth changing them because they are already very good. If you listen to a 2.0 at start up, it sounds more tinny than the 1.8, that's because the tube extractors make a ring sound compared to the cast iron of the 1.8.
As with the 1.6ltr's stainless headers they are small and heavily restricted with a inbuilt catalytic converter, if extractors cant be found there is always the option of gutting the catalytic for some extra flow.

Note that modifying catalytic converters is illegal, but if you wont tell then I wont :whistler:  :D

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Gutting the cat sounds like a good idea. I've heard if the lambda sensor with a tiny built in cat (as such) to fool the engine. Not that I would do.it hahaha

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If you do it make sure to only gut the Pre Cat in the manifold and not the second Cat, see how it goes and if you get the check engine light come up for incorrect O2 readings then you'll need the O2 eliminator extension ( pictured below )
You can expect a bit more power though fuel usage will likely increase a bit.

Depending on where the 2nd sensor ( O2 ) is placed on the 2ltr it may have to be moved to after the 2nd Cat if it's not already there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:57:56 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal