i30 Owners Club

2015 i30 turbo tuning

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi having recently purchased an i30 turbo I'm just curious if any one has had there's remapped.
Also an average miles per gallon .
Any information would be most appreciated.
Regards Phil
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi it's the petrol .
I had a 2012 1.6 diesel i30 which I had for 3 years and had that remapped and it made a good car so much better.
I'm just curious whether anyone has remapped the i30 turbo petrol as the quoted hp gains 186 to 220 and torque up by 20%
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You'll probably have to ring around some reputable tuner mobs over your way to see if anyone has any new knowledge, I had a very basic remap done on my ecu (non turbo) though they were still hindered by the ECU security software so no live updating is possible.
ECU required splitting open with direct connection to laptop but the tuner writers were still unable to read all files correctly so only very minor AF ratios and timing was possible.

One company that somehow gets around the ECU issue is Blood Type Racing :link: VELOSTER TURBO in the US, they have complete plug and play modified ECU's for the Veloster 1.6 turbo which is same engine as yours but whether they can do anything for you in the UK I don't know :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Sweb1962,

Craig has pretty much nailed it. Unfortunately we don't have many turbo petrol owners on here as they have only been sold in limited markets. We weren't offered them in Australia for example.

I was going to suggest asking on a veloster forum for the reason Craig has stated, but don't get the impression we don't want you on here too. Be interested to follow your journey.

We have 2 or three other members who have mentioned buying the turbo petrol, but none of them have posted much.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi thanks for your help.
I looked at buying the turbo when it first came out but couldn't get the deal I wanted from the dealer.
I saw a couple  of advertisements from main dealers and bought mine for £12500 .thats over £10000 cheaper than a new one. 13000 miles.

Three door in grey .
Having the i30 diesel for three years it took a bit of adjustment in driving styles.
It's a great looking car with all the equipment you need except a dab radio.
It's quick in everyday situations but could do with a little more near the top end. Handles brilliantly,drives superb.
Highly recommend them and to be honest I haven't seen another one on the road . I have seen three Kia pro which is there version of the turbo.
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi thanks for your help .i understand that the turbo was only sold in certain countries.
I will endeavour to keep the forum updated.
Regards Phil
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great to hear, Phil...

We got the Kia Proceed Turbo or whatever it is called for a while but no longer imported into Australia. Don't think it sold as well as it deserved to. I quite liked it!

What are your service intervals over there on the turbo model? They are something crazy like 6 months 7500 kms on the veloster turbo! Or they were at one stage. I do up to 30,000kms a year (so no good to me)

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi here they are at 10000 miles or 12 months.
Here the turbo is classsed as a warm hatch due to its power output.
They compare it to st focus ,golf gti 2 litre.
It's a really nice car to drive,handles very well and has good drivability.
Plus as they sold in small numbers quite exclusive
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's much better than 5000 miles (7500 kms!)

We have a few members with the 3 door naturally aspirated model which was imported for a while, including my good friend and moderator Craigb. They are a nice looking car.  :victory:

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Good morning just a quick update on my i30 turbo .
Had it remapped yesterday by a quantum tuning dealer in my area . This is the second quantum remap that I have had done by this agent.
My first was on a 2012 1.6 diesel 110hp that remap made a big difference all round .
But the remap on my turbo has exceeded all my expectations. The power has risen from 186 to 220 and the torque has increased by over 20%.
This translates to truly blistering performance,tractable driving and an increase  in fuel economy by at least 5 miles per gallon.
I must confess to destroying a 2015 golf gti last night who pulled up on the outside of me and gave a look of superiority.didnt last long as my i30 left him for dead with him trailing in my wake.

• 2015 i30 turbo

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:mrgreen: :victory: :happydance:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sweb1962, were they able to flash via obd port or was it an ECU out jobby? I'll have to have a chat with our local Quantum tuning dealer here after I come back from holidays and see if they have something new.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Sweb1962

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon
Hi it was an ecu removal. Gains on a non turbo petrol are no so dramatic. About 10 %.
  • 2015 i30 turbo

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi it was an ecu removal. Gains on a non turbo petrol are no so dramatic. About 10 %.
I know the basic tune isn't much, I've pretty much got that now but I'll speak with their programmers and see if they're capable of making some further adjustments which weren't possible before, some custom ECU work with re-ground or new cams would be nice.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal