Author Topic: HOW TO: Upgrade GD-03 head unit to current release with Android Auto support  (Read 1059 times)

• au Australia
    Queensland
The GD-03 (i30), AD-01 (Elantra), DM-01 (Santa Fe) and TL-01 (Tucson) all now officially support Android Auto in addition to Apple Car Play via means of a firmware/software update.

To check if you need the update, follow the below

From your vehicles head unit, Press Setup then tap/touch System then Device Information and check the versions of the firmware/software currently installed. If your versions are lower than than the following then you are in need of the update:

SW Ver: 2.04.02
Micom: 3.27.00
Platform: 1.76.00

This is a free update however dealers may charge you a fee in order to have it installed in your vehicles head unit. You can however do this yourself and it is quite easy. The update files and full instructions are available freely on the cartronics website who are the manufacturers of the GD-03 (i30), AD-01 (Elantra), DM-01 (Santa Fe) and TL-01 (Tucson) head units.

Full Installation Instructions available here - http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/documents/update.pdf (pdf, 3.65Mb)

Firmware/Software Download available here - http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/firmware_files/1473034905_Firmware (rtf, 2Kb)

Note: The Firmware/Software Download URL links to a document on the cartronics website with an additional URL on how to obtain the download file from Dropbox. This is the official method of obtaining the instructions and download files direct from the manufacturer.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:22:33 by bagerlk » »

• 2016 Hyundai i30

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Re: Upgrading GD-03 to current release with Android Auto support
« Reply #1 : March 22, 2017, 00:17:47 »
 :welcumwagon: Thank you very much, an excellent and extremely helpful first post.

Are you from a Hyundai Dealer, Cartronics employee or just a helpful fellow owner.

:hatoff: :drinks:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• Use it or lose it!
  • au Australia
    Melbourne
  • Callsign GUNZ
    • Professional Biography
« Reply #2 : March 22, 2017, 02:34:17 »
 :welly3:

Google will provide an abbreviated URL if you want it. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: 09 HyperSilver 5sp SLX CRDi /bodykit/cammirror/dashcam/GPS

• Author
  • au Australia
    Queensland
« Reply #3 : March 22, 2017, 02:39:13 »
I'm just a fellow i30 owner who spent a few hours researching how to update my head unit and wanted to share what I found ;o)
  • 2016 Hyundai i30

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• england England
    Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
One or two members tried this upgrade manually, with great success :)

:link: GD4 i30 Android Auto

Thanks for the links.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

• au Australia
    NSW
So the links to download the firmware files no longer work (the dropbox links).  Does anyone know wear else you can get them?  of have a copy?
  • 2016 i30

anything