i30 Owners Club

Servicing schedule

Dave Y · 11 · 2900

Offline Dave Y

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Forest of Dean
We have just bought an i30 crd 11months old on 12,500 miles .The salesman said the service is not due till 20,000 miles.
Is this correct ? I am taking the car back today because i am not happy with the Supagard treatment they applied.
  • i30 Tourer crdi premium blue drive

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have just bought an i30 crd 11months old on 12,500 miles .The salesman said the service is not due till 20,000 miles.
Is this correct ? I am taking the car back today because i am not happy with the Supagard treatment they applied.

:welcome: Dave, Yes it is 20,000 miles in the UK but only 15,000 kilometres in Australia. (go figure) Although I think the time comes into it as well so if it were me I'd get a service done around 12 months. We have this discussion quite regularly on here but I'll leave it to some fellow UK members to clarify.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day Dave Y    :i30:

As Dazz said,  check the "blah blah kms OR Blah blah months.
It's usually  a case of  "whichever comes First ".
Enjoy
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Check your service book as it will give current details but my 12 plate is 20k or 2 years whichever is first.

However it does say an interim if less than 10k in 12 months.

The time starts from date of registration or last service.

If above same for you then next service 20k or 2 years whichever first
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dave Y

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Forest of Dean
what does an interim service consist of ?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
what does an interim service consist of ?
Oil change and check your tyre pressures, visual inspection, then they stand underneath your car for 20 minutes and talk to fill in the time :)

Offline Dave Y

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Forest of Dean
Then  charge me £150 for the privilege

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can knock the cost down buy supplying your own oil, my last interim service ( supplied own Shell Ultra 5w-40 at $44 ) which are performed every 6 months or 7500kms, cost $150 = £87
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 16:18:39 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm known (even by myself) for my tightness (AKA appreciation for value for money)  :winker:

However, if I lived in the UK with what I consider a ridiculously long service schedule (compared with Australia) I would want at least my oil and filter changed annually.

My wife's Euro built 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer, has to have a service every 12 months or 15,000 kilometres.

She only does about 7,000 kms a year (our 2nd car) So that is at the other end of the scale. I always supply our own good quality synthetic oil, so it ends up costing about A$250 a year all up. I figure $5 a week is not bad to keep it in ship shape..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline electroman5000

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester, UK
    You want an oil&oil filter change at 10000. So my suggestion is to go to any garage, which Hyundai approve (i.e. VAT registered) and get oil changed before your scheduled 20000 miles service. I've done my 2014 1.6 CRDi at Mr. Tyre for approx. £40.
    To me 20000 is a ridiculously long period between services. No matter how good the oil is - it can super-mega-uber-guadripple- synthetic and blablablabla....but no oil can maintain it's proper lubricating properties after such a prolonged use.... Only logical exception could be if you basically live on a motorway and manage to do 20000 in about 6-10 months...
Still you want the oil to be changed at least once a year.
    Also  that service schedule calculation in miles driven is wrong...The engine running time is important. People suggest it should be no more than 350 engine-hours. (if that makes sense)  300 preferably.  And figure should be even less if car is driven mostly in town, cold areas (zero  C and below), dusty and sandy areas (that could explain shorter service intervals in Australia), and some other factors, which put extra wear on engine and related parts...

Cheers mate!
  • 2014 1.6 CRDi 128hp Style "Cream"

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yes, good point: the aviation industry works in airframe hours as well as engine hours, as does the maritime industry. If you were super keen, for instance on your priceless Sunday driven collectibles, you'd do the same in the motor industry.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal