i30 Owners Club

Off Side(UK) Engine Mount

saljo · 4 · 1558

Offline saljo

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
The offside engine mount of our 2009 CRDI has started to leak oil at 53,000 miles..  The dealer wants £275 for a new mount plus fitting.  Similar OE mounts are online for around £40 - £50 of secondhand originals for about the same money.  Superficially the fitting looks pretty straitforward.  Would appreciate any info on doing this job.
  • i30 CRDI

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well. There you go. You learn something new every day.
I had no idea modern engine mounts had oil in them.
Just been taking instruction from Mr Google.  :goodjob2:
So, I've replaced a few in my time but not in my i30. Someone will be along soon with advice.
Can I just clarify something though.
By "off side", you mean driver's side, yeah?
Haven't heard the term used for years but I was taught " near side" meant nearest to the kerb.
But in the years since I've heard people use near side as nearest to the driver.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline saljo

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
Yep Surferdude, it's a common term in the UK.  Driverside furthest from kerb on right hand drive vehicles.
Engine mount oil damping seems to be the way on a lot of modern cars.  I'm told it will probably ok for a few
months but the engine will sound harsher as the oil diminishes in the damper and it becomes less effective.
But £275 for a new one!!!!
  • i30 CRDI

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
Well. There you go. You learn something new every day.
I had no idea modern engine mounts had oil in them.
Just been taking instruction from Mr Google.  :goodjob2:
So, I've replaced a few in my time but not in my i30. Someone will be along soon with advice.
Can I just clarify something though.
By "off side", you mean driver's side, yeah?
Haven't heard the term used for years but I was taught " near side" meant nearest to the kerb.
But in the years since I've heard people use near side as nearest to the driver.
I had oil engine mounts in 2000 astra. They also leaked. 17 years thats not a too modern for me.

For i30 i will buy any aftermarket  european brand. Febi,moog,trw,topran, japanparts maybe?. 275 quid is way too mu ch . Averge price is 40-60 eur.

• 1.6crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal