i30 Owners Club

Clutch judder (30k miles)

Offline musicrab

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Farnham, Surrey
Hi, have a 1.4 i30; 4 years old, 30K miles.  At starting off in 1st I get what I assume is severe clutch judder - doesn't happen every time but when it does its bad.  (Stupid question - could this be an engine mount?).   Will be getting it serviced next week at a Hyundai garage; we'll see what they say although I guess this will be "wear" issue rather than fault.   I assume I can get the garage to confirm the location of the fault without spending loads of money.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Shouldn't be the clutch with only that age and mileage. Hopefully they will look at the big picture and not try and fob you off.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Sounds like release bearing but I've had similar, off and on over the 5 years i've had my car, and if you do a search you will find my post.  I'll see if i can locate and post link.

Does yours happen just a first start up or everytime!

Mine happened at first start and after monitoring found it only did it when damp overnight.

Re warranty, you'll find the clutch only 2 years to get fix foc it will have to be a mechanical issue.

Are you using hy dealer?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline musicrab

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Farnham, Surrey
Using dealer (Normandy) -expensive but seem honest enough.  Also happens in reverse;. It can happen any time.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal