i30 Owners Club

Takata Airbag Recall

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I just posted this on my facebook page.
Obviously it doesn't affect Hyundai/ Kia owners  :goodjob2: :goodjob:, but if you have another brand in your family, this might be useful, especially given that not long ago, the authorities were complaining about a supposedly poor response to this recall and were suggesting deregistering cars whose owners "ignored" the recall. Not sure where they got their figures from but if the parts aren't there, you can't get your car fixed.

Just a bit of advice for anyone who's got a car which is subject to the Takata airbag recall. Apparently the replacement parts are coming through VERY slowly. Most major manufacturers are involved with models over a span of several years. Among them BMW, Honda, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota.
Anyway, we got a recall "Advice" back in March for my wife's car advising of the problem and that parts would be available in the "Fourth Quarter of 2017"
Towards the end of October, we'd heard nothing so I rang the local dealer who cheerfully advised me there were no parts available yet. It took a while but I finally found an e-mail address to the national office ( I wanted my complaint in writing).
Got a reply by phone within 24 hours, advising they could send the parts to my local dealer and arranged for me to have the car booked in.
The recall repair was carried out today.
So it would seem that, given the literally millions of cars affected world wide, that manufacturers are carefully controlling the use of those parts they received.
In this case, as I hoped, the squeaky wheel got the oil.
So, if you're still waiting, make some noise (in writing).

• 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal