i30 Owners Club

Satnav update issues

Offline Lawriemcf

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
I have a 2014 GD Elite which has the onboard satnav.
It has always had some problems but when it had its update at the 36 month service I wasn’t expecting it to have an obvious fault.
My unit no longer recognizes the 50kmh speed areas and sometimes misses the 60kmharea as well.
I spoke to Hyundai customer service and while pleasant to talk to they do nothing.
Hyundai’s contractor have provided a flawed update and Hyundai won’t request a fix for the software.
Very poor service and a gps that is quite inferior. Imagine if windows or apple wouldn’t release bug fixes.
Are others having similar problems.
Lawriemcf
  • i30 GD Elite Petrol Auto

Online pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I had my recent Nav unit replaced and that included the latest map update at the dealership.  I noticed that the speed alert is now only available on major roads (shown in yellow).  If the road is in white, you will not get speed alerts on the minor 50km/hr back roads anymore.

Have a look at whether this is the case for you also.  It seems this is a map update change to less alerts and nothing to do with the hardware.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
I also just had my Sat Nav update to 2016 Q3. Same issues, only the major roads display the speed limits.  This is my 4th upgrade and this is the first time this problem has occured so it does look like a faulty upgrade. I will mention to my dealer but dunno if they can do anything.
By the way did everyone get the email advising Hyundai is now giving 5yrs free map upgrades? (1st one is when you buy the car)
I got the email and had already had my 4yr service done some weeks previously, but without the sat nav upgrade as I did not wish to pay $150.  I then received the email, printed it off and took it to my dealer at Artarmon. They did the upgrade at no charge.
  • i30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
By the way did everyone get the email advising Hyundai is now giving 5yrs free map upgrades? (1st one is when you buy the car)
I got the email and had already had my 4yr service done some weeks previously, but without the sat nav upgrade as I did not wish to pay $150.  I then received the email, printed it off and took it to my dealer at Artarmon. They did the upgrade at no charge.
I read somewhere on the forum that the new PD models have 10 years of free updates.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I read somewhere on the forum that the new PD models have 10 years of free updates.

Yes, that is true (for what it is worth) although the combo of Android Auto and a built in GPS is actually quite handy as Google maps doesnt seem to have any speed limit info.

I also just had my Sat Nav update to 2016 Q3. Same issues, only the major roads display the speed limits.  This is my 4th upgrade and this is the first time this problem has occured so it does look like a faulty upgrade. I will mention to my dealer but dunno if they can do anything.

I suspect they have done that because councils and state governments seem to be changing minor speed limits regularly lately.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've got free lifetime updates for my 'built in' Navman. :whistler: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
Me too. I use my Navman when I go on long trips instead of the Sat Nav. Especially since I listen to audio books and the sat nav mutes the sound when it gives directions.
  • i30 Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Me too. I use my Navman when I go on long trips instead of the Sat Nav. Especially since I listen to audio books and the sat nav mutes the sound when it gives directions.
That's a very sensible application of technology and use of time. Being currently in Madrid I'm really enjoying the free Maps.Me app on my phone right now for all my traipsing around every day.😀

Offline Lawriemcf

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
Thanks so much for that.

I've checked and there is no doubt that is the issue.

I have no idea why they would do that.
 Hyundai Australia don't  appear to have any quality control over their supplier and from the attitude displayed by their customer disservice people they don't seem to care.
  • i30 GD Elite Petrol Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I asked if there was an update for my GPS available at my first 10K Service today. Being only 6 months since the model was launched, I wasn't surprised when they said no.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
My i30 is going in for service tomorrow & I'm expecting to get the 2016Q3 update. Seems a bit of a pain to not post speeds for minor roads. Hoping the map update is actually an update to get it up to speed with many the road changes throughout Sydney.
We shall see :-)
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L GDI, Auto, SR Premium, Creamy White

Offline Ccu45

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

• 2013 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Blue
My Sat Nav says fatal error in main thread and I cannot go pass the "agree" button. Took it to the dealer and apparently its a faulty unit, unfortunately being a 2013 model I ran out of warranty. Looks like the warranty on electrical components is only 3 years, so watch out. They want $1100 AUD to replace it  :rolleyes:

Does anyone have the same problem? and have been able to sort out??
  • i30 Elite

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If it were me, I'd be 'sorting it out' with a 3rd party item. :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal