i30 Owners Club

MY18 I30 SR BOV & Intercooler

Offline Pommie5037

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Queensland
hey guys,
I have been looking for a BOV For the I30 SR with the 1.6 Turbo but all I can find is for the Veloster which is a different stock BOV.
I'm also considering an Intercooler upgrade but I'm not sure how much difference this will make, maybe someone can shed some light on this for me?

Jay

• 2017 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6ltr Turbo SR White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
BOV’s you can get at Shark Racing, they don’t add any performance benefit though.

Upgraded intercooler is an easy way to add a little extra power if you are able to increase the intake flow and a ECU retune, I haven’t seen an i30 done but similar on a Mazda adds 20-30hp

Offline Pommie5037

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Queensland
Thanks for that CraigB, it's definitely something I'm looking into, although I have been told in no uncertain terms by the Mrs I have to own the car a month before it allowed any mods like exhaust or bov etc.   :(
I will be looking into this more in the coming months and I have a couple of friends that work at the local Hyundai Dealership so this may come in handy haha

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Only benefit for fitting a BOV is turbo Lag issues(BOV restricts turbo spool down due to back pressure)not sure about thew newer SR's but the Velosters certainly don't have any power issues at all,as they run a twin spool turbo,the very few I have had the privilege to  drive,gave me a few brown trouser moments.

looking at the year of your car,your obviously not concern about your warranty then(just asking)  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Pommie5037

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Queensland
Only benefit for fitting a BOV is turbo Lag issues(BOV restricts turbo spool down due to back pressure)not sure about thew newer SR's but the Velosters certainly don't have any power issues at all,as they run a twin spool turbo,the very few I have had the privilege to  drive,gave me a few brown trouser moments.

looking at the year of your car,your obviously not concern about your warranty then(just asking)  :goodjob2:

I'm not overly concerned by the warranty side of it with the BOV as that is pretty easily replaced, and there definitely isn't a power issue if I'm honest it's more for the sound and to annoy the Mrs haha.

as for a couple of the other mods I have in mind, such as exhaust etc, after a chat with the Hyundai service manager, he said if the mod hasn't caused the issue there won't be an issue with the warranty.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:59:58 by Pommie5037 »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal