i30 Owners Club

Earthing points on the drive belt side of the engine bay?

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
Installed some aftermarket xenons into the low beam projectors, need an earthing point on the drive belt side of the engine bay (2008 i30 2.0 CRDI). I can see the one on the gearbox that I'm going to use for the wiring on that side but wanted to earth them at different points. Anyone know where there's one for the opposite end to the gearbox?
Cheers!
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Installed some aftermarket xenons into the low beam projectors, need an earthing point on the drive belt side of the engine bay (2008 i30 2.0 CRDI). I can see the one on the gearbox that I'm going to use for the wiring on that side but wanted to earth them at different points. Anyone know where there's one for the opposite end to the gearbox?
Cheers!
Why can't you simply find any bolt to the chassis and use that as an earth point? Main engine mount from memory has a earth wire to it, 10mm Hex head bolt I believe
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
Well I thought I'd used a good one somewhere under the headlight but on closer inspection most of the chassis points were painted over and the lights are still flickering so thought I'd try a better one.
Great I'll give that a shot, do you mean the one by the alternator/thermostat?
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Well I thought I'd used a good one somewhere under the headlight but on closer inspection most of the chassis points were painted over and the lights are still flickering so thought I'd try a better one.
Great I'll give that a shot, do you mean the one by the alternator/thermostat?

MAybe, just noticed you have 2.0 L Diesel not our D4FB 1.6. Could be a bum steer

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hopefully you can spot it without pointing it out but my mount and the single wire earthed. Does look like it's part of the Alternator harness but that would be an obvious spot for me. Obviously I don't know if the 2.0 CRDi is the same.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal