i30 Owners Club

central lockking

Offline neilfisher

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cleveland
Hi I have 2010 i30 when i lock the car with the remote there is a grinding noise coming from the passenger front door but if i lock the car from the drives door button i do not get that noise any ideas please.
  • hyundai i30 1.6 crdi

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Sounds like the lock assembly will need to be replaced. I suspect the difference will be the deadlock feature. When you use the remote there's like  two stages of locking  when you use the inside button there's not;

I had the left rear buzzing and grinding with the remote at the same final stage. still locked and unlocked but in the end i had to replace the unit
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline neilfisher

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cleveland
Thanks for your feedback is it a big job just i have removed the door card and all bolts but there is something holding it in and didnt want to pull to hard
  • hyundai i30 1.6 crdi

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Thanks for your feedback is it a big job just i have removed the door card and all bolts but there is something holding it in and didnt want to pull to hard
Remove the external door handle. In the door end, there's a rubber plug, remove that, then you'll see a bolt, could be 8 or 10mm, undo that and that will allow the handle end cap to be removed, coan't remember if there's another bolt  but the handle then slide in a short sharp motion toward the cap end and remove. Now that's removed the rest of it internally can come out

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline neilfisher

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Cleveland
Thanks for the replies much appreciated will have look next time i am off work
  • hyundai i30 1.6 crdi