i30 Owners Club

Ogrex's new PD2 SR Premium Sparkling Metal

ogrex · 11 · 3679

Offline ogrex

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Finally picked it up today.

She's a beaut.  Dealer said it's the first PD2 they've actually delivered.

No major differences, except the integration of the subwoofer in the boot, and the infinity branding on the speakers and infotainment unit.

Photos here.

• 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, DCT, Spark. Metal

Offline ogrex

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
My only regret is that I didn't get the smoke bonnet protector thrown in, as looking at it now with the sunroof... the bonnet protector would have looked nice. I might pick one up a bit later. Can anyone comment on how simple/tricky it is to fit myself? 

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've not fitted a bonnet protector though they look fairly simple, find yourself a cheap one on eBay and give it a go :)

Some clear protective wrap on the nose cone would work too.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the Pictures. I must have a listen to a PD2 Stereo at some point to hear the difference. Congrats.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Flower

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, New Zealand
I'm a little jealous of the sound system upgrade !!!! otherwise, I have the same car, colour and all.
  • 2018 PD i30 1.6 Turbo Limited Hatch

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Will be real interesting to know if there is any difference, other than the rear subwoofer is with the stereo..
More power to the normal speakers. Better quality speakers.

Great little car..  Congrats
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline ogrex

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I get the impression that there's no difference other than the sound system (powered external amp, etc). In truth I haven't had a chance to really crank it yet as I've had my family in the car with me 90% of the time.

I see that the US Elantra GT gets a "Harmon Kardon" branded system that seems to have some extra features in the infotainment... but I don't know if what I've got from controls is any different. There's an "infinity" tag on the infotainment screen... but... who knows.

I really only opted to go with the PD2 so I'd get the 2018 build/compliance plate in case I need to upsize in the next 3 years. I hammered them down on the price so there was little extra cost with the PD2 tag.

One thing that does slightly annoy me... the US Elantra GT gets a matching metal left foot rest (matches sports pedals) that we don't get. Oh well.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

One thing that does slightly annoy me... the US Elantra GT gets a matching metal left foot rest (matches sports pedals) that we don't get. Oh well.

You should have put your foot down about that..  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ogrex

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
 :clapthanks:

Offline rjl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Hi Mate

I just want to ask about your rubber boot liner. I bought my PD2 in the same colour just a month old. I purchased the boot liner but they told me it does not fit the PD2 properly as boot floor is not longer adjustable because of the Subwoofer on the PD2. Did your dealership fit that boot liner for you or did you make any changes to make it fit?
  • 2018 PD2 Hyundai I30 SR Premium

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Hi Mate

I just want to ask about your rubber boot liner. I bought my PD2 in the same colour just a month old. I purchased the boot liner but they told me it does not fit the PD2 properly as boot floor is not longer adjustable because of the Subwoofer on the PD2. Did your dealership fit that boot liner for you or did you make any changes to make it fit?

Sorry... off topic! So there is another difference between the pd2 and 2017 model... the boot is no longer adjustable. So therefor it is no longer possible to have a regular tyre in the back instead of the space saver as was possible on the older model... correct?

Was confused as i had seen older videos that allowed u to change the tyre however was now told it is not possible. Anyone with a pd2 that has upgraded to the regular tyre?
  • i30 SR PD2 Premium Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal