i30 Owners Club

Dash readout stuck on dim

ABSi30 · 4 · 2377

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
The dash readout on my i30 is showing dim at all times. It doesn't go brighter when side/headlights are turned off. The  dash dimmer switch on the left of the 3 switches by my right knee seems to be the problem. How is the switch removed from the dash and would this be the reason for the fault. Many thanks. If so a new switch is on the menu.

• 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Here ya go, just check it's not a connection issue. I had a service department leave that connector off after the brake switch replacement and kill my dash illumination.

:link: Hyundai i30 dash lights not working. - YouTube
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
Thanks for that tw2005. Will give it ago now that I know how to get to the wiring at back of the switches. Hope this cures it. A while ago the dash readout not the dial backlight flashed between dim and bright until it settled down to one or the other. Dim was the winner.
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Thanks for that tw2005. Will give it ago now that I know how to get to the wiring at back of the switches. Hope this cures it. A while ago the dash readout not the dial backlight flashed between dim and bright until it settled down to one or the other. Dim was the winner.
That could be something else, i've had the centre display go dim and it was the display and fixed by replacing the cluster, now I have it strating to flicker every now and then, may be on it's way again
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal