i30 Owners Club

Phoenix orange SR premium pd2

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Realised this is definitely the better place to put up photos instead of the gallery! Here is my new baby :)

• i30 SR PD2 Premium Auto

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Stunner, hopefully the paint is more stable on these than the Fords of past.

Can't say I remember seeing one in that colour yet on the road.

Redlands Area?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Haha sure is! Good spotting.

I will probably be getting a ceramic paint protection for it just to be safe... i just refuse to buy it through the manufacturer.

In saying that I have heard the clear coat is much better these days so just weighing up the options at this point. Who here has gone with paunt protection?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I will probably be getting a ceramic paint protection for it just to be safe... i just refuse to buy it through the manufacturer.

In saying that I have heard the clear coat is much better these days so just weighing up the options at this point. Who here has gone with paunt protection?

Not many, but @CraigB went with aftermarket recently...

They look more "orangy" red than orange in the flesh.  They are still metallic aren't they? I'm still nervous about solid reds and oranges fading, but metallic colours don't seem as bad for that (for some reason) Possibly the clear coat?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

On Family Duty today, old fella lives in Redlands I'll be looking :goodjob2:

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Nice! I will be out and about... did just see a sr premium in white drive past through victoria point... that you?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Nice! I will be out and about... did just see a sr premium in white drive past through victoria point... that you?
LOL. No you see my avatar. 
@Tristan60d

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

The paint protection offered by the dealers isn’t ceramic coating and will require yearly maintenance, what I had done is the Opti-Coat Pro + which only requires washing and a spray of gloss enhancer/drying aid to finish off with.
Modern factory clear coats have become very thin, about 10 to 20 microns, the Opticoat will bond to it then becoming the new clear coat with superior UV resistance and hardness to protect from scratches and contamination.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The paint protection offered by the dealers isn’t ceramic coating and will require yearly maintenance, what I had done is the Opti-Coat Pro + which only requires washing and a spray of gloss enhancer/drying aid to finish off with.
Modern factory clear coats have become very thin, about 10 to 20 microns, the Opticoat will bond to it then becoming the new clear coat with superior UV resistance and hardness to protect from scratches and contamination.

..and it makes your wallet lighter and easier to fit in your pocket!  :snigger:

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Well I must say that is the best colour on the PD i30. And ony available on the SR models..

But I might be a little bit bias there.. :)      Have you got a photo mote higher up on the car?
I kinda like the black roof, which I have thought about getting wrapped on mine..   Thou I realise that it's mostly the sunroof on yours.
But would still give me a bit of an idea..
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

..and it makes your wallet lighter and easier to fit in your pocket!  :snigger:
That it does :) but well worth it imo if you value long term paint care :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well I must say that is the best colour on the PD i30. And ony available on the SR models..

But I might be a little bit bias there.. :)      Have you got a photo mote higher up on the car?
I kinda like the black roof, which I have thought about getting wrapped on mine..   Thou I realise that it's mostly the sunroof on yours.
But would still give me a bit of an idea..

@Purplehazeffc Here you go (although Tristen might be able to take a better one)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I must say that does look pretty good. Thou I would go for satin black to match the other black parts on the car.
That piece need to be covered between the main roof & rear spoiler.  Ohh the rear spoiler needs to be satin as well.
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I must say that does look pretty good. Thou I would go for satin black to match the other black parts on the car.
That piece need to be covered between the main roof & rear spoiler.  Ohh the rear spoiler needs to be satin as well.

Because the spoiler is Gloss black I reckon you would be better off to just leave it and do the whole roof including the little hatch bit with gloss black.

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
The orange looks really good.
I have had my White SR premium ceramic coated. I get all my cars done i feel its well worth the cost.
Definitely brings the paint up nicely even with White so i think the orange will really pop once its done.
Makes cleaning a breeze too.
Will post a pic up
cheers
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have had my White SR premium ceramic coated.

Hi Andrich,

Im picking up my SR Premium PD2 in 4 days, are you in Sydney? if so who did you have yours done? and how much if you dont mind me asking.  I'm still um...ah about if ceramic coated is needed for the car.  Thanks.

Kind Regards.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Ah... Nevermind about paint protection.

Just saw John Cadogan review about the topic.  Darn them sneaky ladies who sell addon :)

:link: Paint Protection for Cars - and why you don't need it | Auto Expert John Cadogan | Australia - YouTube

Kind Regards

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ah... Nevermind about paint protection.

Just saw John Cadogan review about the topic.  Darn them sneaky ladies who sell addon :)

:link: Paint Protection for Cars - and why you don't need it | Auto Expert John Cadogan | Australia - YouTube

Kind Regards

I'm now on the fence with these ceramic coating type finishes. Done through the dealer you are usually paying top dollar as they add a margin on top of the "3rd party" service provider. If you are a fanatic about how your car looks and are one to be constantly washing and polishing your car then maybe a permanent protection coat directly from a premium finisher isn't such a bad idea.

I apply jetseal from Chem guys myself .. which is obviously a halfway measure but better than nothing and a lot cheaper.

:link: Auto Detailing Resin Paint Sealant/Protectant JetSeal 109

There are other similar "bonding" products available.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm now on the fence with these ceramic coating type finishes.

Im with you.  If need, I will not go through the dealer where it cost so much more, it is true that pretty much all add on sales are done by an attractive female.  Yesterday mine was a really nice Mongolian lady, very easy on the eyes and good for my heart with the blood pumping harder while listening to the add on sales.

$2100 for paint + leather protection
$600 for tinting.
$900 / 5 years for scratch repair insurance in the event that a car got minor scratch it will only cost me $50 to patch it up.

I might come back this weekend to "discuss" options with her again to understand it perfectly :P ... if it help with the blood flow, must be good for the heart right?? hehhehe

Just saw this link that described the pro/con of it.

:link: Is Ceramic Coating Worth It? Here's The Truth:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 00:28:07 by Blazorax »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm now on the fence with these ceramic coating type finishes.

Im with you.  If need, I will not go through the dealer where it cost so much more, it is true that pretty much all add on sales are done by an attractive female.  Yesterday mine was a really nice Mongolian lady, very easy on the eyes and good for my heart with the blood pumping harder while listening to the add on sales.

$2100 for paint + leather protection
$600 for tinting.
$900 / 5 years for scratch repair insurance in the event that a car got minor scratch it will only cost me $50 to patch it up.

I might come back this weekend to "discuss" options with her again to understand it perfectly :P ... if it help with the blood flow, must be good for the heart right?? hehhehe

:yummy:

If I lived in Sydney i would offer to come with you as technical support. I am not a drinker, smoker or gambler but I do have one weakness.  :P

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
If I lived in Sydney i would offer to come with you as technical support. I am not a drinker, smoker or gambler but I do have one weakness.  :P

Bro, you are for sure welcome to come along.  English is my second language and I am in need of someone more fluent in it than me to make sure I understand her correctly.

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I have had my White SR premium ceramic coated.

Hi Andrich,

Im picking up my SR Premium PD2 in 4 days, are you in Sydney? if so who did you have yours done? and how much if you dont mind me asking.  I'm still um...ah about if ceramic coated is needed for the car.  Thanks.

Kind Regards.

Hi there
Sorry for the delay only just came across your post.
I use Western Sydney Detailing who are also mobile.
They have done two of my cars and to be honest the finish is night and day.
Well worth the investment personally
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The coating the dealer gets applied also isn’t the same formulation as a true ceramic coating, dealer type you must go back for yearly maintenance as opposed to genuine ceramic Opti Coat Pro + which is there for good and simply requires washing.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Bro, you are for sure welcome to come along.  English is my second language and I am in need of someone more fluent in it than me to make sure I understand her correctly.

So tempted to book a flight!  :evil:

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Tinting and window protection done :) ...still want to have the wheels done in black (Inspired by @Dazzler)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looking good. What do you mean by window protection? Was that a typo?

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Good spotting haha... window tint and paint protection*

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
looking good mate.

I had my tinting done on the same day i picked up the car.  Paint protection is happening this coming Friday.  Then one day we can meet up for a few beers  :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal