i30 Owners Club

How do I make this thing shut up

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
I've tried switching off everything I can find in the nav settings, but the GPS still insists on telling me when I'm approaching a red light camera. I wouldn't mind except that I usually use Carplay and the inbuilt nav system hasn't caught up with recent major roadworks in my area. Intersections no longer exist that it keeps pinging at me.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've tried switching off everything I can find in the nav settings, but the GPS still insists on telling me when I'm approaching a red light camera. I wouldn't mind except that I usually use Carplay and the inbuilt nav system hasn't caught up with recent major roadworks in my area. Intersections no longer exist that it keeps pinging at me.

You need to go into the navigation menu then select options (i think it is called) and untick every alert you don't want to get. I only have school zones and fixed speed cameras chosen. I don't think it ever alerted me to red light cameras?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

You need to go into the navigation menu then select options (i think it is called) and untick every alert you don't want to get. I only have school zones and fixed speed cameras chosen. I don't think it ever alerted me to red light cameras?  :undecided:

I've tried that. Still seem to be getting alerts!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:confused: :undecided:

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

I've reduced the distance the alerts start at so that helps, but it is baffling.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've reduced the distance the alerts start at so that helps, but it is baffling.

I'll try and remember to check the menus next time I'm in my car. I'll take a photo of my current settings. :cool:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have you clicked the 'turn off wife button'?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good point try driving around by yourself for an hour or two...

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

My rental car in NZ thought it was still in Japan.
Kept telling me to turn left into the Tasman sea..  :crazy1:
Irrespective of the nice picture of a road going through paddy fields; on day three, I punched the bloody thing.
True to form, SHE kept ratting on....and on.....for the whole horrible trip.   :blubber:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Speaking of shutting things up, is it just me , but I have switched off the silly things like automatic door locking and mirrors retracting when I lock the car.
Can't see thd point of having all those servo motors grinding away needlesly when I don't really want to locked in my car when driving :crazy2:

The one sound I would really like to switch off is the f'ing bong bong when I open the door after switching the engine off  :evil:
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Speaking of shutting things up, is it just me , but I have switched off the silly things like automatic door locking and mirrors retracting when I lock the car.
Can't see thd point of having all those servo motors grinding away needlesly when I don't really want to locked in my car when driving :crazy2:

The one sound I would really like to switch off is the f'ing bong bong when I open the door after switching the engine off  :evil:

Interesting how opinions vary isn't it.

I quite like the auto locking. It's obviously less necessary in Tassie, but with carnapping and bag snatching off seats (at the lights) on the rise it's not a bad habit to get used to. :cool:

I love the Auto folding mirrors. Because I just automatically press the button on the handle to lock the doors when I walk away from the car, I often look back wondering if I did. The folded mirrors are a confirmation visible from a good distance that I did.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Barbarulo Here are my settings are yours set the same?

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

Yep, except I have school zones switched off as well. (Might turn them on at the end of the holidays).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep, except I have school zones switched off as well. (Might turn them on at the end of the holidays).

They work pretty well. Not smart enough to know when the holidays are on (different times in different States), but only alert around arriving and leaving school times as per signage.  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal