i30 Owners Club

Rear quarter glass removal

artrix · 5 · 4336

Offline artrix

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
Hi I have an FD I30 hatch and someone has smashed the rear quarter glass ( rear pillar triangular glass) to gain access to the car.  Just wondering if anyone has some advice on how its fitted to the car ie is it glued or bolted and glued etc. Iam looking at pulling one off a wrecked car and fitting it to mine.  cheers
  • I30 turbo diesel

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi I have an FD I30 hatch and someone has smashed the rear quarter glass ( rear pillar triangular glass) to gain access to the car.  Just wondering if anyone has some advice on how its fitted to the car ie is it glued or bolted and glued etc. Iam looking at pulling one off a wrecked car and fitting it to mine.  cheers
bastards. What suburb.  Remove interior trim. Undo 8 mm bolts. Then there is a bead of sealant but it's like a prefab sticky gasket.  I will have a wagon one in the pile.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 17:06:10 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline artrix

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      brisbane
Cheers mate had just happened last night when I posted the inquiry. Im in everton park north brisbane
  • I30 turbo diesel

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Cheers mate had just happened last night when I posted the inquiry. Im in everton park north brisbane
Hopefully the vermon are heading north or out Samford way :mrgreen:

As far as i know when locked with the remote these cars are deadlocked, even samashing a window it should not be possible to unlock from the inside

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal