i30 Owners Club

LED headlights

Pjd · 6 · 3770

Offline Pjd

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Essex
Hi. Do any of you have led headlights on your i30? I have a big problem when I put the high beam on there is a black line between the high beam & dipped which is different in width everytime I use them. They seem to move themselves! It is really disconcerting on dark roads & lanes as you can’t see ahead of you. It also is very bad when going round sharp bends as you can’t see the side of the road or round the bend. The dealership have “reset” them twice & all it’s done is make the dipped beam lower so now they are crap on dipped beam! They say they have never come across it before & they have done all they can so I have to put up with it! It’s 5 months old!!
  • I30 SE SATNAV 1.6 diesel

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems, haven't experienced any issues with the LEDs on my i30.
  • MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Doesn't sound right. Ask to test drive another one at night.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Is it possible to take a pic of the issue?  I am curious and cannot visualize
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear this. I haven't got LED in my current model i30. Can you try another dealer? Also contact Hyundai UK and play it up as the safety issue that it is. Good luck!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Vivek2003

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Warsaw
This is typical problem in i30 with full led. Short lights have autolevel, So they go down or up depedning on car load. Long lights are stable, no leveling. So if short lights go down, there is dark strip on road, because long lights shine to high. This is producent problem. U can manualy correct level of lights separetly. But u have remove mechanizm / gear from the aft side of lights. The mechanizm connects two thick screws to leveling lights. If u disassembly this mechanizm u can regulate short and long lights separetly. Then u can turn down long lights to reduce or remove dark strip on the road/Wall.
  • I30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal