i30 Owners Club

ISG and DPF regeneration.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
In the last few days the ISG on my 2016 1.6CRDi hasn't been working. It comes up with the 'Auto stop conditions not met' and considering the engine is warm, the ambient temperature is 16 degree C, and the fan setting is set at 1, I can only think that a DPF regeneration is in progress. My daily commute is 8 miles each way, on mainly quiet roads so not much stopping or starting. About 3 weeks ago I did a 400 mile round trip in one day, almost all on the motorway. About a week ago I did 100 mile round trip, mostly at 70 mph. Tonight I did a 60 mile round trip, most of which was dual carriageway, staying in 4th gear at 2800 rpm, but after all that the ISG still doesn't work.

Is it time for the dealer to take a look at it, bearing in mind it still has a few months of warranty left? It states in the handbook that it should be checked if it still doesn't work after driving 2 hours at 50 mph plus, which suggests to me that what they actually mean is that you could have to drive 100 miles to clear the DPF. I've had the car for almost 4 years and it's done 60,000 miles. My pattern of driving hasn't changed during that time.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So your ISG has worked fairly consistently over the last 4 years Brendan? That's actually quite unusual for a Hyundai (apparently )  :eek:

There are so many perameters that need to be met that many report it seldom works at all. Interestingly few if any Hyundai's imported into Australia bother with that feature as our emission rules are not as tight as yours.

The number one most common reason it doesn't operate is a weak battery, but there is a full list of other factors on here and in the owners manual I believe.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
:whsaid:

There's a stickied topic covering the essential parameters for the ISG to operate correctly, and here it is

:link: I30 Intelligent Stop and Go (ISG)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Needless to say, it has been working perfectly today. Maybe my high speed run yesterday sorted it out after all.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal