i30 Owners Club

I30 fd front bumper swaps.

L5NTN · 7 · 3029

Offline L5NTN

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Yorkshire
Hello. Please does anyone know if the below bumpers are a straight swap. I'm looking to upgrade to a face lift but not sure if I need to change anything else.

• I30 2009 1400 petrol

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If I had access to the update, I would borrow it and test the fit. Perhaps the next best option is extensive photographing of the internal brackets to compare. If I just had to guess, I would say it fits with little effort, especially if they were that colour, which matches mine! :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Are you purchasing from a wreck or new? the bumper will fit though the impact crash foam beam that sits behind the bumper might or might not be different :undecided: if it does require the matching impact foam then you'll have to get from a wrecker or new from Hyundai around $100au = £75

Offline L5NTN

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Yorkshire
Thanks guys o actually really like the grey car above with the splitter on the bottom more than the face lift bumper
  • I30 2009 1400 petrol

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Are you purchasing from a wreck or new? the bumper will fit though the impact crash foam beam that sits behind the bumper might or might not be different :undecided: if it does require the matching impact foam then you'll have to get from a wrecker or new from Hyundai around $100au = £75
Exactly as stated, the front bumper rail is the same from start to finish of production.

The complete bumper assembly including the foam absorber and that upper grille section will be needed,

not 100% sure of underneath  or where the splash guards hook up .

If you had a VIN for each type you could get online and plug those in and start comparing part numbers
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Those updates are designed to be cheap and change the look of the car so that everyone knows you stumped up for a new one and didn't cheap out on last years demo.

I would be shocked if the bumper didn't just bolt straight on, because it was designed after the car was to make it look different. As such changes that require re tooling would be kept to a minimum.

Oh and we kept the other bumper for some reason, so they wouldn't want 2 different ways of putting a bumper on.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Those updates are designed to be cheap and change the look of the car so that everyone knows you stumped up for a new one and didn't cheap out on last years demo.

I would be shocked if the bumper didn't just bolt straight on, because it was designed after the car was to make it look different. As such changes that require re tooling would be kept to a minimum.

Oh and we kept the other bumper for some reason, so they wouldn't want 2 different ways of putting a bumper on.

Good point (as usual!)

What Beerman is saying about "we kept the other bumper" is that Aussie delivered FD's didn't score the updated front like you did in Europe.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal