i30 Owners Club

Cartronics TL-01 DM-01 AD-01 FS-02 GD-03 GD-04 v2.05.10 Firmware (Dec 11, 2018)

bagerlk · 106 · 60333

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone.

In the AA "phone screen settings" (on your phone) you might find a toggle entitled "Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running"
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline ownIT

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
hi, thanks for post... what am I doing wrong, I can only download the instructions.  on cartronics it says I must log in as a car dealership :( your guidance appreciated.
  • i30

Offline shaking

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
To the OP - thanks for posting this.

I have a quick question - my head unit actually says "Model: AD-01M", so I was a little bit worried whether this is the same as "AD-01", before I go ahead and apply the update.

Anyone have a "AD-01M" unit and successfully applied this latest update?

Thanks for any feedback.
  • Elantra

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
To the OP - thanks for posting this.

I have a quick question - my head unit actually says "Model: AD-01M", so I was a little bit worried whether this is the same as "AD-01", before I go ahead and apply the update.

Anyone have a "AD-01M" unit and successfully applied this latest update?

Thanks for any feedback.
I'm assuming it would be the same but no guaranties :Dunno: as you've had no reply on the Whirlpool forum either then I can only suggest calling your local Hyundai service centre asking whether both models are one in the same.

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
What models of i30 is this compatible with? can't find it anywhere.
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Late model i30 GD (2015-2017) with GD-03/04 stereo with Car Play/Android Auto, also Tucson - Santa Fe and Elantra I think.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 16:21:27 by CraigB »

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Late model i30 GD (2015-2017) with GD-03/04 stereo with Car Play/Android Auto, also Tucson - Santa Fe and Elantra I think.

do we know which badges?
I'm looking at buying an elite or premium.. (if I can afford)
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
do we know which badges?
I'm looking at buying an elite or premium.. (if I can afford)
If those models use the satnav head unit then they’re not Cartronic’s units and the above firmware is not compatible.

Offline ammirabile

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi Mate,

How do I know which head unit my i30 uses?
Just bought a 2015 active x model, I register it on MyHyundai and it’s showing me this:

GD3 I30 Hatch 1.8P Active x Auto

Am I safe to do this FW update ?

Thanks in advance
  • 2015 i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi Mate,

How do I know which head unit my i30 uses?
Just bought a 2015 active x model, I register it on MyHyundai and it’s showing me this:

GD3 I30 Hatch 1.8P Active x Auto

Am I safe to do this FW update ?

Thanks in advance
Might help if you put up a photo of your stereo, I don’t know what you have  :Dunno:

GD-03 stereo’s have the voice button at the bottom centre and no CD player/slot.

Offline ammirabile

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi, @CraigB .

Yeah mine does not have the Voice button and no CD player as well.

• 2015 i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A photo would certainly help, does the unit even have Apple Play - Android Auto? If you’re unsure you can get Hyundai service to check for updates and whether the unit is compatible.

Offline 929349

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Anyone else having problems with android auto no playing audio when running spotify?  Bluetooth audio works fine. No sound when plugged in via usb cable. Also my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone. A bit wierd.

Just did the upgrade, also running into this issue. Would appreciate a solution.
Hyundai 2016 Elantra - AD-01
  • 2017 Elantra AD Sedan, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Anyone else having problems with android auto no playing audio when running spotify?  Bluetooth audio works fine. No sound when plugged in via usb cable. Also my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone. A bit wierd.

Just did the upgrade, also running into this issue. Would appreciate a solution.
Sounds like something you need to take up with your phones software provider, if Bluetooth is turned off then it shouldn't be connecting...check the setting as mentioned by Shambles

my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone.

In the AA "phone screen settings" (on your phone) you might find a toggle entitled "Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running"

Offline 929349

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA

Sounds like something you need to take up with your phones software provider, if Bluetooth is turned off then it shouldn't be connecting...check the setting as mentioned by Shambles

Okay, I did the software update again and now it works. Weird lol

Does anyone know how often there are updates?
  • 2017 Elantra AD Sedan, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Okay, I did the software update again and now it works. Weird lol

Does anyone know how often there are updates?
There may not be another update since there are no reported issues with the current software.

Offline Clampadis

• 1st Gear

• ro Romania
      Tulcea, Romania
My car is: Hyundai i30 1.0T-GDi 120CP 5DR Launch Edition HIGHWAY, Date of manufacture: February 2017
It is possible to make the firmware update at this head unit:

• i30 1.0T-GDi 120CP 5DR Launch Edition HIGHWAY Polar White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No! This firmware is only for Australian Cartronics units on the previous GD generation.

If there was an update for your model you would have to get it from your local Hyundai dealer.

Offline Leyongski

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Snipermonk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
worked great tl-01, unit before only had carplay, was ok when i had a iphone, even better now i can use my samsung s10 thank you!! :-)
  • Update tl-01

Offline whitey45

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Adelaide

Offline vsnb

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Can't thank you enough, mate!

Just updated my GD-03 from 2.00.00. I was about to buy an iPhone to get navigation but my Pixel3 works now.
  • i30 active 2016 MY17

Offline godfatherglen

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Ive done the update and finally have android auto but am having problems with no audio except for phone
  • Tucson 2016

Offline goranoh

• 2nd Gear
Ive done the update and finally have android auto but am having problems with no audio except for phone
Run the update again.

Offline buzzingham

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

• i30 PD Owner
Hi folks - new to the forum - thanks to all that have contributed to the wealth of knowledge.

However, I am finding it hard to find an answer to a problem.

I have a 2013 Active with the GD-01 head unit. It has worked fine with Siri since new, with iPhone 6, 8 and 10. However with the iPhone 11 - it's decided to act up.

I paid my dealer to upgrade to the latest firmware and this did not help.

I can make/take calls via HandsFree - :)
I can get Apple maps to break in to audio via HFP - :)
I cannot get "Hey Siri" to break into audio -  :disapp:

I am ok with doing my own Firmware upgrade but I cannot find a download link anywhere.

The closest match is the ling for GD-03 on this page...but I am reasonably sure that will not work with my unit.

Any advice or things to try would be greatly appreciated....or a link to the latest firmware would be stellar!  :crazy1:

• i30 Active 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

To be honest, I'm surprised your head unit is still working. According to @CraigB they are a dog of a unit with multiple issues and have a history of dying after about 3 years if not before.

That is why there are several threads that talk about how to upgrade to a better GD03 unit.

I'm no expert on this type of issue. Being such a new phone not sure there will be many that can offer advice. I do hope I am wrong!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
As Dazz mentioned the GD-01 is a dog of a unit though I reckon it sounds like an iOS 13 issue as the whole of the 13 generation has been riddled with issues.

Strange that the dealers charged for a free software update :confused: also very strange that you would not of already had the latest update that should have been done 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:05:53 by CraigB »

Offline Danny900

• 1st Gear

• it Italy
      Umbria
Hi I own a 2016 hyundai tucson. Do you think this update also works for Italian cars?
  • Hyundai Tucson

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi I own a 2016 hyundai tucson. Do you think this update also works for Italian cars?
Sorry, the update is only for Australian Cartronics units.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal