i30 Owners Club

changed trans fluid today gd wagon

Offline little blue wagon

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      south australia
sorry no pics of the procedure .tools used 10mm socket (air cleaner and dirt shield bolts )philips and small flat screwdriver (to remove plastic scrivets on dirt shields)22mm socket (to remove filler plug) 24mm socket (to remove drain plug)small 3/8 drive extension (to remove filler plug) cos i had to work sat and sun and the missus had the day off i planned to flush the trans fluid today( coming up to seven years 80.000kms ).a couple of weeks ago repco had penrite lv fluid on special ($35.00 for 4 litres ) so bought 3 bottles and a long neck funnel . first job was to remove all the plastic dirt shields under car to access drain plug and level plug then took air cleaner box out so i could access filler plug .i cut an old 10 litre water bottle in half and measured and marked 1 litre increments on it.first off was to put latex gloves on,then i carefully undid drain plug and slowly drained two litres i shoved my thumb over drain hole and got the missus to wipe off the magnet end of the plug and put a new aluminium washer on it and refitted the plug.(not much crap on magnet and fluid was just a little bit dark and no burnt smell. undid the hose that goes to the lower trans cooler fittings on radiator (red mark on hose on top of trans) and fitted some clear pvc hose so i could see the colour change, put in two litres of fluid and put filler plug back in hand tight. started the engine and pumped out two litres ,stopped engine put another two litres back in ,( fluid came clear part way thru second two litre drain) and repeated drain/ fill untill i had i litre of fluid left.put trans hose back on and started engine (put engine thru all gears a couple of times)and warmed up fluid then( leave engine running) removed level plug using 3/8 square drive and added fluid untill it came out of the level plug in a steady flow then refitted level plug and filler plug,then put all the dirt shields and air cleaner back on job done
  • 2013 gd wagon petrol 1.6ltr auto blue

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Excellent description, pics not required   :goodjob: :goodjob2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal