i30 Owners Club

How to add a sat nav system to i30

Offline Iulian82

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co. Kildare
Hi all, I saw online a sat nav system for i30 which I own, any suggestions about brand and it will be hard to change that? Tks
  • 2014 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome.

Can you provide a link to the system you are looking at please. It may help with opinions on how easy it would be to instal.

It is not something I have done, but I would suggest googling for reviews of the system/brand you are considering. It would not just be about the reliability and performance of the unit. One of the most important features of a GPS is how often the software is updated with new maps and the cost.

As nice as a built in unit might look, it is hard to beat a stand alone Garmin, Tom Tom or Navman with a free lifetime maps offer.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Iulian82

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co. Kildare

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi tks for your help, this is something what I was thinking :link: SP 7" AFTERMARKET GPS DVD SAT NAV IPOD BLUETOOTH NAVIGATION FOR HYUNDAI I30 i30 | eBay

Looks good. I see it comes with Australian maps! You would need to ask the supplier about how to get maps and updates for your region. In my opinion you would be better off getting a non GPS unit with android auto and using google maps. No issues with maps and map updates and also you get other voice control options like phone calls, messaging, verbal music selection and even setting reminders. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal