i30 Owners Club

EML Flashing

Offline KOGArdMhacha

• 2nd Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co Armagh
Hi Folks
I have a CRDI 1.6 Diesel FD its a 2011 one of the last of that generation. It's done around 127,000 miles and was going well until Friday past.

Turned off the main road onto a side road and complete power failure from the engine, lost all drive. Turned the car off and restarted the engine, drove gingerly along but appears to be working fine, no limp home mode, however the Engine Management Light is now flashing yellow on the dash, i have driven the car a further 7 miles and parked it up.

I tried yesterday with an OBD reader an although the OBD reader is logging a fault code, it is saying it's unable to read the code and is a manufacturer specific code, any help greatly appreciated .

Thanks for reading.

• FD 2011 1.6 CRDi manual Black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Without knowing the fault code makes it near impossible to help, a trusted mechanic/service centre would diagnose it for you.

Offline KOGArdMhacha

• 2nd Gear

Co Armagh
Is it common for an OBD reader to find a fault but then refer you to the manufacturer in order to establish what the fault in fact is?

Could the fact i had the driver door open when scanning for the fault have made any difference?

Thanks for your response.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ability to read codes generally depends on the OBD reader itself and the level of it's installed software, door open would not make a difference.

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Unfortunately not all code readers read the codes on modern cars. Generic codes usually work but car brand specific are different thing. Higher end readers or factory (brand specific tool) is required to access detailed data.

Few weeks past I checked codes with generic reader, found none. Tested same car with better reader, found 7 codes...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline KOGArdMhacha

• 2nd Gear

Co Armagh
Hi Thanks for your reply, it would appear you're spot on as i have now managed to get a fault code from a different reader the code is P12BF. But also when i went to get the code the EML light wasn't flashing, i took the car for a brief drive and still no EML flashing, im really confused now, do i change the part (air flow meter) or do i continue to drive away at the car and wait for this issue to return, thanks again

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal