i30 Owners Club

PD SR i30 1st oil change.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
My car has now done just over 4900 kms.
So with me wanting to do an oil change at every 5000 kms. Time was up for the 1st one.

Going by the owners handbook. The correct oil looks like a 5w-30 fully synthetic.  That conforms to the newer ACEA A5/B5 specs.
And also with Supercheap having a 20% storewide sale for online orders. I picked up a bottle & a few other things.

The oil I choose is Penrite Full Synthetic 5w-30. That conforms to all the latest standards.
  :link: FULL SYNTHETIC 5W-30 | Penrite Oil

I'm happy not to do the filter until the required log book servicing at 10,000 kms

Owners manual states that the oil fill is 4.5lts.  After draining, I used just over 3.5lts.  Just for information if required..
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Same spec as my oil though I use Penrite PAO Group4 synthetic with a Ryco syntec filter which have a 99.8% efficiency and better flow rate compared to the standard filters at 83% efficiency.

:link: 10 TENTHS RACING 5W-30 (PAO ESTER) | Penrite Oil

A huge benefit of using the PAO oil is being able to stick to 12 month services with no worries of viscosity loss :goodjob:

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
That is also a bloody good oil.
But with the car under warranty & I will more than likely take the car to Hyundai for servicing. Well at least see how they go.
I'm also sure that they use Shell Ultra Extra.   But in reality. Any top brand oil is going to do the job long term.
I'm just planning on getting the oil changed every 5000 ks.  For long term longevity. It's pretty cheap insurance.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I completely understand your reasoning :goodjob2: I've also done all my interim services through Hyundai for piece of mind, only reason I'm not bothering with the interims anymore is because of using a longer lasting sheer proof oil with improved filtration :)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Yeah same. I'm quite happy for Hyundai to do the 10,000ks service. As it is also at a very reasonable cost.

But on the 5000's ie: 5000, 15000, 25000, 35000 etc.  I'll just do the oil change here at home.
I'm also quite happy with the filter being done at the 10,000k intervals as well.
Done that with my last car from just over 80,000ks when I got it till almost 320,000ks  when I got the new SR.
And never had a problem with the engine at all..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal