i30 Owners Club

Paddle shifters retrofit

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hi! I bough the steering wheel back cover, paddle shifters, extension wire and clock spring in order to install them. The installation was easy but the shifters are not working. Any help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :eek: I didn't know they used paddle shifters in the Early GD versions!  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm guessing you would require a control module and smart DCT gearbox, did the standard auto (torque converter) box have a paddle shift option :undecided: I know the DCT does.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I don’t know if the standard gearbox supports paddle shifters but a seller on ebay sent me a picture of the shifter connector and pointed 2 wires on the shifter. He told me if my shifter had those 2 wires, then paddle shifters can be added. I removed the trim around the shifter and those 2 wires were present so I don’t know what is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'll start a new thread and put a link here asking if any one with pre 2015 GD has paddle shifters. I think some higher models of the later GD (SR?) might have them, but pretty sure the earlier models did not. Could be different in the Czech built cars I guess (But unlikely)

:link: Does anyone with a Pre 2015 GD i30 have paddle shifters on their steering wheel?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal