i30 Owners Club

Replaced CVVT Oil Control Valve, reset ECU?

Offline noes_oh

• 2nd Gear
After my thread here:  :link: P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit

I replaced the CVVT Oil Control Valve and got a service.  She's running MUCH better now, definitely experienced symptoms of occasional unable to tick over, low power in low rev range and awful fuel economy.

The car is performing much better now, however fuel economy isn't better yet.  Should I reset the ECU?  If so, how? Can I do this without disconnecting the battery?

Big thanks to @nzenigma for the solution   :)

Cheers lads
  • i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Only way to reset is by disconnecting the battery, remove the negative lead for 30 minutes.

Resetting will wipe your radio stations and the vehicle trip computer, sometimes air vent pre-set controls will change also.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi noes_oh,
Good to hear that you had success, AND thankyou for letting us know  :goodjob2:

I agree with Craig regarding the battery off for at least half an hour.
After that, if you feel the economy is not up to scratch, you will need some workshop equipment to analysis the motor's operation.
Just one question re the CVVT, when they replaced it did they clean the gauze filter on the oil feed line?  Its often overlooked and must be clean.  On the FD motors up 2013, it sits under  what looks like a sump plug on the side of the head ( above the transmission / gear box). You should be able to see marks if it has recently been removed. (5 min job DIY)

Cheers G
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal