i30 Owners Club

2009 1.6 CRDI Auto, Car judders at 50kph

Offline Cartoon Head

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland
Hi All,

When I'm at about 1500 RPM at 50kph the car judders quite severely. This tends to happen if I'm cruising at that speed or accelerating slowly past 50kph.

If I accelerate more quickly, I don't get the judder as the speed passes 50kph. Any thoughts on what the cause may be?
  • i30 Diesel

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
It could be the engine labouring.  Change to a lower gear and get the revs up a little bit.

Of course, I could be wrong.  My wife tells me I am often wrong (even before I say anything).

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi All,

When I'm at about 1500 RPM at 50kph the car judders quite severely. This tends to happen if I'm cruising at that speed or accelerating slowly past 50kph.

If I accelerate more quickly, I don't get the judder as the speed passes 50kph. Any thoughts on what the cause may be?
Hard to say but at that speed the box should be in third and also if you're cruising the torque convertopr clutch could locked up. This would be similar to driving a manual.

Is it just jerkiness if you are on and of the throttle ever so slightly? mine is ab it like that otherwise I'm speculating possible transmission issue whether it's in the torque converter or even valving issues in the Valve Body

rather difficult to diagnose what a judder is sorry
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
It could be the engine labouring.  Change to a lower gear and get the revs up a little bit.

Of course, I could be wrong.  My wife tells me I am often wrong (even before I say anything).
it's Auto :whistler:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
it's Auto :whistler:

D'oh!!  :head_knock:
I had to look twice, first thought I had was what gear :razz:

Offline Cartoon Head

• 1st Gear

Ireland
I just found another thread here with someone who seemed to have had the same problem. It looks like they resolved it by using Hyundai Injection Cleaner so I'll give that a try.
  • i30 Diesel

Offline Cartoon Head

• 1st Gear

Ireland
Good news to report back with.

I bought Wynns Diesel Injector Cleaner and it worked great. The car accelerates better too when I need to overtake and the engine runs more smoothly overall.

Wynns Injector Cleaner
  • i30 Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal