i30 Owners Club

Tinting front windscreen on SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah..that is the easy part..im asking for recommendations base on your experience  :)  ..

Once you find a couple of handy ones google for some reviews. Might find something on Productreview.com as well.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
@Blazorax , I think what the guys are saying is none of them are close enough to you to have any personal experiences they can draw on.
Dazzlers tip about searching on line for reviews of local providers is a good one.

But please let us know how you go.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Blazorax , I think what the guys are saying is none of them are close enough to you to have any personal experiences they can draw on.
Dazzlers tip about searching on line for reviews of local providers is a good one.

But please let us know how you go.

Thanks Trev. Yes, we have nearly 10,000 members but they are spread world wide (well over 60 countries) We have a lot of Aussie members but the strongest states for active members are WA and Qld and even these members are spread around a bit.  :cool:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Name a time and date and have a big Aussie BBQ :) for all i30 owners :P

I'll bring a few bottles of whiskey to contribute hehehe

• 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Name a time and date and have a big Aussie BBQ :) for all i30 owners :P

I'll bring a few bottles of whiskey to contribute hehehe

Sounds like a plan!  :happydance:

I've travelled all over Australia in the 10 years since we started the club. I've met over 50 members in total in every State and Territory in Australia. The most we've had together in one gathering is probably about 10 people including partners.

I'd love to meet some overseas members but due to several health issues I don't travel long distances well.  :Pout:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Meeting overseas members is good.
Fatboy and I have both met Brian in Aberdeen (years apart).
Fatboy and I haven't met yet though.  :crazy1: :crazy1:
However, we've both met Dazz so maybe that counts. 😁
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm hoping some overseas members might make it to Tassie one day...  :Good_luck:

We've had probably a dozen Aussie members visit us down here.   :goodjob2:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I took a photo of the tint display today so you can get a rough idea of the shades available, Spectre is the top of the range ceramic tint, about $500 installed and is suitable for vehicles with GPS/FM antennas in the rear glass, it does has some extra heat blocking benefits too as does the Formula One.

Octane is the most commonly installed tint due to it's darker shade, the Octane 20 is what is legally allowed on rear glass though if like me I have Octane 20 all round :D and is $375 installed.

Midnight Express ( has a more reflective look) is the previous generation darkest tint before Octane, I cant remember what the last one was called but it was the cheap and nasty budget crap anyway at $295 installed :whistler:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 14:41:42 by CraigB »

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I took a photo of the tint display today so you can get a rough idea of the shades available,

Mate u r a legend.  A picture speaks a thousand words.  It's so bloody hard to visualize with all these 35% vs 20% etc.

Thanks dude.

Kind Regards.

PS:  I want 20% all round too, yet a bit chicken with the law and stuff ... might do a compromise with 35% front and 20% rear tomorrow.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You're welcome :hatoff:  all have lifetime/25 year warranty...make sure "not" to use ammonia based window cleaners :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:02:16 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I took a photo of the tint display today so you can get a rough idea of the shades available,

Mate u r a legend.  A picture speaks a thousand words.  It's so bloody hard to visualize with all these 35% vs 20% etc.

Thanks dude.

Kind Regards.

PS:  I want 20% all round too, yet a bit chicken with the law and stuff ... might do a compromise with 35% front and 20% rear tomorrow.

If in doubt go 35% all around. Dark back and lighter front looks $hit in most people's opinion.  :undecided:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thx bro, i'll keep that in mind too.

@Dazzler - would it be possible to pin @CraigB tint photo in the forum somewhere easily accessible.  I would think a lot of users would find that comparison very handy.

Just a suggestion - u da boss.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thx bro, i'll keep that in mind too.

@Dazzler - would it be possible to pin @CraigB tint photo in the forum somewhere easily accessible.  I would think a lot of users would find that comparison very handy.

Just a suggestion - u da boss.

Cheers, Yeah good idea. I'll copy it into its own thread and pin it in exterior mods.  :victory:

See if you can find a car with darker windows in the back to see what you think. Here are a few pix i found with a quick google search. You might like the look but I reckon it looks "naff"

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If in doubt go 35% all around. Dark back and lighter front looks $hit in most people's opinion.  :undecided:
Agreed :goodjob2: two different shades of tint on the same vehicle just looks wrong imo.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@CraigB , @Dazzler

I listened and applied 35% all round, didn't come out too badly

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@CraigB , @Dazzler

Looks nicer all one shade, better sticking with the 35% if it was going to worry you :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 13:58:45 by CraigB »

Offline Tristan60d

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South East QLD
Thanks for everyones replies!! My sr is now fully tinted and looking schmick... went with octane in the end. Will post some photos soon
  • i30 SR PD2 Premium Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for everyones replies!! My sr is now fully tinted and looking schmick... went with octane in the end. Will post some photos soon

@CraigB , @Dazzler

Great to hear!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline S203

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Florida
I just got my car tinted, I ended up doing 70% on the whole front windscreen with a 5% strip on top. The rest of the windows are 10% tint. The lighting really makes the tint look much darker then it is in person.

• Elantra GT Sport

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Sexy

Would tinting the top bar of the windscreen affect the I30 electronics stuff near the rear mirror?  I recalled that Hyundai specified that in the event that the windscreen is replace, it will need to have Hyundai to recalibrate it again

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@S203  Some consider the latest i30 shape to be too conservative, but in that colour and at that angle it looks so classy to me.  :victory:

Offline S203

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Florida
Thanks all! My car is the Base Sport model in the US, so I do not have any electronics in my windscreen. So can't comment on how it would effect those features. But it does keep the car nice and cool!
  • Elantra GT Sport

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks all! My car is the Base Sport model in the US, so I do not have any electronics in my windscreen. So can't comment on how it would effect those features. But it does keep the car nice and cool!

@Blazorax I don't think it would be an issue as being applied on the inside they would just trim it around camera/sensor module.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

@Blazorax I don't think it would be an issue as being applied on the inside they would just trim it around camera/sensor module.

R8ght you are Dazz, we put 20% strip on front of Santa, they trimmed to the dark area around electronics.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Sexy

Would tinting the top bar of the windscreen affect the I30 electronics stuff near the rear mirror?  I recalled that Hyundai specified that in the event that the windscreen is replace, it will need to have Hyundai to recalibrate it again

the electronic gizmo's are typically in the blackout coating on the glass , they wont tint that.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal