i30 Owners Club

CRDi Engine Vibration

Offline Tessa dog

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      tasmania
Hi there,
We have also just had our car diagnosed as needing a new clutch. Initially at 76,000 kms we reported an engine vibration at around 1600-1900rpm which was dismissed as being due to damage on the car from hitting a Kangaroo. We thought this was fair enough (although it had started prior) given it would be reasonable on their part to assume it was from our accident. Reported it again at 90,000km service. At 105,000 the problem was diagnosed as a weakening of the dampening mechanism. Both the service manager and mechanic acknowledged there was left than 50% wear and tear and a warranty claim submitted and rejected by Hyundai last Monday arguing it was wear and tear. We have refuse to accept this and our grievances were put in writing to the dealership (as advised by Fair trading) Their 'customer care' response has been to tell us the claim has been rejected, they are not willing to negotiate and as of Thursday prior to Easter we received a final email informing us that we needed to give them a decision as to whether they should replace the clutch at our cost, if so we could keep the courtesy car we have had for the past 10 days if not they require it back by close of business next tuesday, all the while our car is in pieces. 

• Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Tessa dog and Welcome.

Very sorry to hear that. How old is your car? Is it a series 1 (FD) or Series 2 (GD)? What year of manufacture?  You may have this in your signature but doesn't show on tapatalk. Are you the first owner of the car.   

Getting a clutch replaced in anything past a 2 or 3 year old car is alway a battle. It is good that the dealer at least tried to get it through as warranty.

Sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place. Hopefully some other members have some helpful suggestions.  Good luck either way.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi , as Dazz has asked, please give us some more details about your model.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Hi & welcome, Tessa dog.   :wlcome01:
Can I ask how much they are quoting for the work please?
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal