i30 Owners Club

I30N wheels fitted to an SR

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I did post this up on the Hyundai I30 Facebook page. But thinking that not everyone is on Facebook. So I'll also put it up one here

I have picked up a set of Hyundai I30N wheels for a really good price. 19" x 8" with Pirelli P Zero tyres 235/35 x 19
Fitted to the car yesterday & I must say they look pretty good. Thought that it would require lowering ASAP.
Which I'm going to do anyway. But the gap from tyre to arch is the same as the 18's were.

So hopefully after tax time. A set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs will bring it down quite nicely..

So far I feel like there's not a great deal different with the ride quality. It is slightly firmer, but not a great deal.

• PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I did post this up on the Hyundai I30 Facebook page. But thinking that not everyone is on Facebook. So I'll also put it up one here

I have picked up a set of Hyundai I30N wheels for a really good price. 19" x 8" with Pirelli P Zero tyres 235/35 x 19
Fitted to the car yesterday & I must say they look pretty good. Thought that it would require lowering ASAP.
Which I'm going to do anyway. But the gap from tyre to arch is the same as the 18's were.

So hopefully after tax time. A set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs will bring it down quite nicely..

So far I feel like there's not a great deal different with the ride quality. It is slightly firmer, but not a great deal.

I think it sits quite nicely on those as is. Is that std height
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I said the same thing on FB, Gerard.. Of course Tim ( @cruiserfied  ) disagreed.  :whistler: :twisted:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

I think it sits quite nicely on those as is. Is that std height

The overall diameter of the wheels are pretty close. Overall rolling diameter measurement   18" 637.20mm    19" 647.10mm

I think it's the lower profile that makes the wheel arch gap look bigger..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
They look alright :goodjob2: did you note the increased weight difference over the standard wheel? being factory rims they are bound to be heavier so Damper/shock performance will be affected by unsprung weight increase, you'll likely notice a small fuel usage increase as well with the extra width and weight.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
They look alright  did you note the increased weight difference over the standard wheel? being factory rims they are bound to be heavier so Damper/shock performance will be affected by unsprung weight increase, you'll likely notice a small fuel usage increase as well with the extra width and weight.

But they look so much nicer Craig   :lol:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
They look alright  did you note the increased weight difference over the standard wheel? being factory rims they are bound to be heavier so Damper/shock performance will be affected by unsprung weight increase, you'll likely notice a small fuel usage increase as well with the extra width and weight.

:whsaid:

Even a tight arse like me wouldn't worry about the fuel economy or weight!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

:whsaid:

Even a tight arse like me wouldn't worry about the fuel economy or weight!
Bullshit :lol:

I'm more concerned with the affected suspension response rate, once the Eibach springs are fitted they will compensate slightly though rebound is still affected till matching Bilstein shocks are fitted.

I did say they look better :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:10:23 by CraigB »

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
They look alright :goodjob2: did you note the increased weight difference over the standard wheel? being factory rims they are bound to be heavier so Damper/shock performance will be affected by unsprung weight increase, you'll likely notice a small fuel usage increase as well with the extra width and weight.

If anything they felt either the same weight or lighter..   Though I did think they would be slightly heavier. I should grab a set of scales & weigh each of the,   :faint: :question:

Haven't driven to work since they have been fitted (back tomorrow)   But with this weather we are having, it's going to make it hard to compare fuel difference. Wind & rain can make a big difference.
Also thinking as well as being 10mm wider, the Pirelli's would have more rolling resistance than the Hankook's.  But I get between 5.8 & 6.2 for the travel to work.
So an extra .2 or .3 shouldn't matter that much.   One thing I have noticed. Is that the steering feels a bit heaver at slower speeds. Can really feel it.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Only 10mm wider, bet that within a few days all will feel normal.
Look good  :goodjob2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal