i30 Owners Club

How is camera connected to Non-NAVI radio (pin mapping)? i30 PD 2018

Offline matejfck

• 1st Gear

• sk Slovakia
Hi guys,

do you know how camera is connected to Non-NAVI radio (pin mapping)?
I have non-NAVI radio with camera. I tried to mount NAVI radio, but camera was not working.
This is Non-NAVI version 5" color display with camera (Europe version i30 PD 2018).

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 19:08:13 by matejfck »
  • 2018 PD 5 Door CW, Petrol 1.4lt, Manual, White

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hi guys,

do you know how camera is connected to Non-NAVI radio (pin mapping)?
I have non-NAVI radio with camera. I tried to mount NAVI radio, but camera was not working.
This is Non-NAVI version 5" color display with camera (Europe version i30 PD 2018).

Here is the pinout diagram!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 16:05:06 by aanastasiou4 »
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline matejfck

• 1st Gear

• sk Slovakia
Thank you. But i know this diagram.
My radio is NON-NAVI version. NON-NAVI version has no mapping for camera in this diagram. Thats my question if somebody has diagram also for this special version of radio.

I am really upset, because i bought original Hyundai radio with 8" screen, but it is fully compatible. I need to change wiring for USB and for camera. USB is OK, but camera is not clear and i dont know which cables are controling the rear camera.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Thank you. But i know this diagram.
My radio is NON-NAVI version. NON-NAVI version has no mapping for camera in this diagram. Thats my question if somebody has diagram also for this special version of radio.

I am really upset, because i bought original Hyundai radio with 8" screen, but it is fully compatible. I need to change wiring for USB and for camera. USB is OK, but camera is not clear and i dont know which cables are controling the rear camera.
Oh! Sorry, I don't have much knowledge on the new i30's radio. Maybe another member can help!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline TheBambi

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, NRW
So you try to switch from  5" color display with camera to 8" Navi?
I am right you have moved the USB pins away from the main connector to a seperate connector?
I am right USB was formerly connected to pins 3,4,5,6?
Is the new stereo switching to rear camera mode at all (even without displaying any picture)?

If yes, try to move
pin 20 to pin 6
pin 19 to pin 21
pin 21 to pin 20

Please be aware changing the pins wrong may damage your car or stereo.

You might could check the voltage of pin 20 before changing connections inside connector while connected to the old stereo. It should be around 6 volt while the picture of the rea camera can be seen.
  • 2019 PDE 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6CRDi 100 kW, Manual, Blue

Offline matejfck

• 1st Gear

• sk Slovakia
Yes, i am trying to switch from 5" color display with camera to 8" Apple carplay version (without navi).
Yes, i have to move USB from main connector (pin 3,4,5,6) to separate USB.
I ordered also Antenna with FAKRA connector from AliExpress.

Big 8" radio is not doing nothing if i change to Reverse. No camera image, no display switch. No reaction at all.
I have original 5" installed back now and i am waiting for parts and then i will try to analyse all cables.

Why you talking about pin 19,20,21? Pin 19 (connector A) is not attached to any function as schema in this thread says.

Offline TheBambi

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, NRW
In my car the 8" Apple carplay version (without navi) was installed. I decided to install an Android device ordered from aliexpress. They claim it would be plug and play but the reverse camera was not working.

So I needed to change pins to get it working. I needed to change the pins I am talking about to get the reverse camera working. This was done by me using the schema as can be found inside this thread. So at least I assume the schema is also valid for the non Navi Version.

At the moment I still have the issue that the reverse camera will not switch on as I have not found any pin switched to 12 volt on the connector while in reverse gear. But camera is showing if i put 12 Volt to the cable for revers on my stereo.

If I should not be wrong the 8" devices are switched to reverse via can bus. Not sure how it is done for the 5" device. The original wiring of my android device would expect 12 volts on pin 25 Connector B. But this pin is not populated in my car. You might check this pin in your car too.

To get my Headunit up and running I ordered a connect2 adapter which I should receive the next days.

I might try how my original stereo will react if I disconnect the reverse camera cables at all when I install the connect2 adapter.

Offline TheBambi

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, NRW
Hi,

even the new adapter ha not helped me to get the reverse signal generated.

So today I started to check if I can find can bus messages that are responsible for switching to reverse camera.
It seems like the can bus message with PID 0x158 is the one needed.
Sending 0x158 00:40:00:00:00:00:00:00 is switching to reverse
and 0x158 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00 back to normal view.

Is inside your car can bus connected (Connector B pin 7 and 20)?

Beside of this I found pin 33 Connector B has to be connected too. As far as I can see it seems there should be 12 Volt on this pin. Maybe ignition is moved from pin 32 to pin 33?

At the end I was able to switch my original radio to reverse mode on my desk connected to a 12 Volt power supply and the can bus message generated by the teensy.

Hope this helps getting your radio installed.

Offline TheBambi

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, NRW
Radio will not send canbus messages if there is no power in PIN 33.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal