i30 Owners Club

Installing Cruise Control I30 GD 2015

Offline KhaosHammer

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
      None
Hello guys!

MY i30 GD 2015 came with no cruise control..
I have thought about having one installed, but I wonder... what's needed to have one installed?
I have seen some of the control switches you need on ebay ( :link: 2013 2014 2015 HYUNDAI i30 / ELANTRA GT OEM Auto Cruise Audio Switch + Wire Set 657279563356 | eBay , as you can see it has the controls and the wire harnesses required, and even to answer or decline call controls I am missing in my car.)
So I thought... Do I have it already on my car and just miss the controls? and this will let me use it?
or do I need to get the whole system installed? if so, is it even possible?

Thanks!

• I30 2015

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Would be nice if it was that easy and that cheap. Strange how it calls it Auto Cruise (that usually relates to cruise with distance control, but I don't think this one is that advanced)

I note that link says only for cars with heated steering wheel. Does your have that feature?

I would have thought you would also need some engine mounted control module. If we don't get a definitive answer from another member who has done it, why don't you ask the seller?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd expect the clock spring to also need upgrading and possibly other parts needed too :undecided:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 14:15:59 by CraigB »

Offline KhaosHammer

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
      None
Forget the ebay link...
basically, is it possible to even install cruise control? like.. paying the full price for it?
  • I30 2015

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I reckon it would be possible though you might need to speak with Hyundai to find out exactly what parts are necessary if looking at OEM.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Forget the ebay link...
basically, is it possible to even install cruise control? like.. paying the full price for it?

It would be possible. It was roughly A$700 I think to add Dangar branded aftermarket cruise to the series 1 (FD) i30 diesel.

I would still contact the seller and see what they say. Craig is probably right about the clockspring. That is the mechanism behind the steering wheel that allows communications between the buttons on the wheel and the accessories being controlled. The one in your car may not have the required connections for cruise. The way the add you linked to is worded it sounds like only the model with the heated wheel has the right wiring in the clockspring for cruise to be enabled.  :cool: 

I vaguely recall a member with a series 2 ( like yours ) getting cruise working surprisingly easily with just a few additions on the wheel. So you might be in luck - that is why I keep suggesting contacting the seller.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal