Collisions due to cautious drivers up by a third

eye30 · 7 · 1892

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Many drivers believe that ‘slow is safe’ regardless of conditions or traffic, but recent figures released by the Department for Transport show that road crash casualties due to excessively low speeds increased by almost a third in 2017; 175 injuries and two fatalities.

A poll by Hyundai revealed that someone driving too slowly is the 7th most common reason why drivers swear when behind the wheel and that nearly 1/3 of all respondents have had a near miss caused by someone driving too slowly. 60% of motorists say their stress levels raise when stuck behind someone driving too slowly, and about half of them are tempted to undertake.

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/collisions-due-slow-drivers-soar-recent-years/

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought it would be higher than 7th most reason.  :eek:

The frustration they cause definitely encourages others to take risks.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
So in reality our impatience causes us to do silly things, is that really on the driver who drives a bit slower? That minutes difference it makes to your ETA isn't that important is it?

Don't worry I do it too  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Same here, poll seems too generous.

Back in the good old days, I was on the South Auckland freeway and saw a frustrated cuzzie bro in a big black Buick; he was shunting an old fart in a Morris , they passed me at 80-90 mph.

Made my day , that did.  :happydance:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So in reality our impatience causes us to do silly things, is that really on the driver who drives a bit slower? That minutes difference it makes to your ETA isn't that important is it?

Don't worry I do it too  :whistler:

I'm talkin' real slow. 40 in a 60 zone, 80 or 90 in 110. Murphy's law, it's always when you are on the way to an appointment and left it a bit tight... Or heading somewhere you are keen to get to (like a massage)  :D

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I'm talkin' real slow. 40 in a 60 zone, 80 or 90 in 110. Murphy's law, it's always when you are on the way to an appointment and left it a bit tight... Or heading somewhere you are keen to get to (like a massage)  :D

I'm talkin' real slow. 70 in a 60 zone, 120 in 110. always when you are  heading somewhere to get  a massage  :D
[/quote]
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm talkin' real slow. 70 in a 60 zone, 120 in 110. always when you are  heading somewhere to get  a massage  :D
[/quote]

Yeah, you know me well..  :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal