i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 (2017) RHD to LHD headlights

Offline hunterj

• 1st Gear
Hello everyone! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Iv been searching for hours to find an answer to a question and was hoping someone here may be able to help!

I have recently moved to Switzerland with my UK RHD Hyundai i30. Due to costs etc i have planned to change the plates to swiss ones and use it out here rather than buying a new car. To pass the Swiss MFK (MOT) i took the car to a Hyundai dealership which was all good but they failed the car due to the headlights. I had previously put the stickers on them to adjust the beam direction for driving in Europe. After taking off the deflectors (after failing the inspection) the beams seem to be flat on the wall of my garage with no kink to the left which would cause dazzling. Also after searching for replacement LHD headlights, the product codes (OEM numbers - 92101-G4000) are the same for both RHD and LHD cars whihc make me think these should have passed the MFK, and they failed me due to the stickers being there?

Now my question is - Am i right in thinking that these lights are flat beams and just need slight adjustments for use in Europe to prevent dazzling rather than brand new headlight assemblies? from the handbook i can gather i have "type A" headlights (no static bending).

Car specs - hyundai i30, 2017, 5 dr 1.0ltr

picture of headlight (sorry this was before i removed the sticker)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:20:43 by hunterj »
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal