i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 2016 review

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I think the new Elantra is a brilliant car.

My First car was a brand new Black XD 05 Elantra Elite. I loved the styling of that car. The New AD Elantra has a similar personality. Quite sharp looking and a bit aggressive.

Awesome that there is finally a top of the line Elantra again in a manual transmission. The last Time there was a top of the line manual in Australia was the XD Elantra.

It just sucks that now life is more about practicality and having a car that can handle a big trip to Bunnings. I'll just have the keep the FD workhorse

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I like it too. It would definitely be on my short list if I didn't now need something with a higher seating position.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
I like the idea of IRS. I wish my i30 had it - maybe I'll hang out for the new i30.

The thing I don't like on the new Elantra is that safety & convenience stuff like adaptive cruise, lane departure, blind spot monitoring etc or even navigation are not included on any model. If the new i30 ends up with plenty of kit in the Oz market (as is strongly suggested), then based upon current Elantra pricing the new i30 will be a very expensive car.
Elantra pricing is high & doesn't tick the value for money boxes like Hyundai of old. I thinks Hyundai is maturing to a point now where it is trading on name & reputation more so than the value for money equation.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:53:21 by edagrade »
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L GDI, Auto, SR Premium, Creamy White

Slydog
I like the idea of IRS. I wish my i30 had it - maybe I'll hang out for the new i30.

Mine is one of the models that got IRS and honestly I don't think I could tell the difference unless I was specifically looking for it.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Mine is one of the models that got IRS and honestly I don't think I could tell the difference unless I was specifically looking for it.

:agreed:
I have owned both IRS and live axle models and I couldn't tell the difference in normal driving.
It would only be in 9/10ths driving you would pick it.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm pretty sure I've read that the new Aussie i30 will again have the torsion beam rear end...  :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think only the N models will have IRS, you might not feel much difference unless you really know what to look for, generally IRS vehicles will be more controlled over bumps and sit flatter through corners.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal