i30 Owners Club

2017 i30 at Auto 2016 exhibition in Helsinki

tohis · 10 · 3125

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
At last weekend I was in Helsinki at Auto 2016 exhibition. There were lots of cars to see, and also many cars were available for test driving with a company's representative sitting next to you.

They managed to get a 2017 i30 there, however only for the showroom. This one had a 3-cylinder 1.0 T-GDI and 6MT under the hood, probably with all bells and whistles available.

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the great photos.  The shape is growing on me!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Very nice and clear photos :goodjob: I don't mind the exterior, unfortunately they show up how awful that interior really is :sicky: the whole dash (top to bottom) and centre console needs to be ripped out so they can start again  :disapp:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I dislike the roundness of the rear light clusters (too Cee'd'y) and the placement of the rear fog lights
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Very nice and clear photos :goodjob: I don't mind the exterior, unfortunately they show up how awful that interior really is :sicky: the whole dash (top to bottom) and centre console needs to be ripped out so they can start again  :disapp:
Agree! The interior looks like it's from a model in between the old 1995 RD Elantra and 2000 Elantra.

Fire who ever designed the interior. That blue leather does the no justice either.

Still makes the GD look like a newer and more refined car

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
The front end looks a little retro to me, although I do like the dash layout and nice big screen for sat nav et al

I prolly wouldn't fall over myself to buy one  :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I dislike the roundness of the rear light clusters (too Cee'd'y) and the placement of the rear fog lights

Now you come to mention it, the rear fogs are kind of an afterthought!  :eek:

... and there are parts of the interior I am not too keen on.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
That really is a horrible interior design (and I thought the Corolla was bad)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Apart from some idiot putting the steering wheel on the wrong side, I don't mind it.

Can live without the blue on the dash, but reckon the pleb pack that I would be looking at won't have anything that flash anyway.

You reckon they could have given it a vacume.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
Exterior seems Audi A3 Sport Back derived. Thats not a bad thing though, but it's a different styling direction compared the current i30. The new direction is I think the point that underwhelms.
I think Hyundai maybe trying to capitalize on the success of the i30 brand & broaden the customer base by having a sporty AND a conservative body style in the i30 brand. Of course the N range is another addition. Not a bad marketing strategy.
It is said Hyundai are to produce a 'sporty fastback' body based on 2017 i30. Perhaps that will align more with the far more stylish looks of the current i30?

The DRL & fog light cluster looks a bit naf too - it looks out of place with the rather conservative overall styling. The horizontal louvres, round (tiny) fog lights & the angled DRL clash together.
I'm not sure if Peter Schreyer is being paid too much or not enough  :question: :question:

Yes the dash kinda looks odd. In concept, I like the placement of the sat nav screen - very ergonomic.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L GDI, Auto, SR Premium, Creamy White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal