i30 Owners Club

Zupps Hyundai - Aspley, Brisbane

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Got this note from my son.

It's pretty self explanatory, praising his dealer and sales person, as well as adding a few ideas on how the Kona can be improved.

Hello Trev

As discussed, I wanted to give a quick review of my experience with Zupps Aspley.

It is rare that you get good service, even when you rock up with a wheel-burrow of cash, it is astounding how many people will not take it for minimal effort. I, like a lot of people, am running around frantically attempting to keep the plates spinning. It is however an unspoken ground rule of mine (Like not parking in handicap parking) to never forget that the customer pays the bills and I should always walk the extra mile to make them happy.

Kirstie from Zupps, Aspley is a sales person who walks the extra mile for her customers. My new Hyundai Kona is the first car I have bought that has been delivered on time. With every other car I have received a phone call a day or two before attempting to push the date back by weeks. Kirstie, stayed back past 6pm to deliver the car. In addition, I have requested a few accessories that were not ready from Hyundai on the date of purchase. Kirstie has followed up on these diligently. It is so rare not to have to push and make several phone calls.

On another note, the car is excellent. I previously owned a Mazda CX-3. This is a good car but I am more impressed with the Kona. Of particular interest to me is the Android Auto feature. I have integrated this with my home automation and google maps is a better navigation tool than any other in-car infotainment system I have used. I really only have five areas the car could be improved:

1. Floaty Cruise Control, when you go down a hill it will go past the speed you limit. The CX-3 would lock onto the speed and brake harder to keep to the speed you select for cruise control. The Kona has a floatier cruise control.

2. The Kona does not show the speed you actually set the cruise control and since it has a floaty cruise control, you tend to second guess what you actually set it too.

3. You have to open the door to completely turn off the car. I am in the habit of pressing the stop button, opening the door a jar, holding it with my knee and then disconnecting my phone. It is goddamn uncivilised!

4. I wish there had been an option on the high end model for active cruise control.

5. I have to press the door button to lock the car, on the Mazda I simply walked away and as soon as the key was a certain distance from the car, the car would lock. This is a really small gripe, but I am forgetful. Alternatively, Hyundai has a car app. It would be interesting to be able to check the lock status via the phone app.

For your readers, Android Auto will not activate without developer mode on the phone enabled. The instructions to make this happen are as follows:

Step 1 – Enable Developer Mode on the phone;
a.    Go to settings
b.    Go to System
c.    Tap “About Phone”
d.    Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Build Number” seven times

Step 2 Enable USB debugging on the phone (after enabling developer mode);
a.    Go to Settings
b.    Go to Systems
c.    Select Developer Options
d.    Select Debugging
e.    Select USB debugging

You will now be able to use Android Auto, this is a Google Pixel 2 (the phone I have) problem, not a Hyundai problem.

• 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
This is where the i40 is coming from (though it will be delivered to me). Lets hope they keep their good record going.

Due to their distance from me, the delivery will be the only time I use them.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very interesting,  thanks for sharing Trevor.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal