i30 Owners Club

2012 GD replacement rim

Offline Little Mick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NE NSW
Soooooo, I have had a terrible car week.
4 flat tyres and 1 was after a new pair being fitted the day before.
The cause of the last issue, my rim split . . . from behind the spokes, near the wheel weights. A very hard impact into the rim like something had become stuck between the brake caliper and the rim.
I have been quoted . . . "ahem" $1322.ooAUD for one replacement alloy and tyre . . . $1,082.00AUD just for the rim.
Yeah I know, I nearly died too!

Clearly I have decided to not buy the replacement from Hyundai but have struggled to find the quoted factory offset for my 16 x 6.5 rim so I can find and buy a same size matching replacement set.
Just to be clear it is an Oct-2012 GD 6 speed manual Diesel 4 door hatch i30 Elite.
Can anyone shed some light on the subject as even Hyundai said they could not give a definitive answer.

Cheers for any help.
  • Oct-2012 GD 6 speed manual Diesel 4 door hatch i30 Elite

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yeah GD factory alloys are pretty scarce.

That a disgusting price for Hyundai to ask for one alloy rim  :faint: :disapp: you could buy a nice package set of 4 aftermarket rims including tyres for $900

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Soooooo, I have had a terrible car week.
4 flat tyres and 1 was after a new pair being fitted the day before.
The cause of the last issue, my rim split . . . from behind the spokes, near the wheel weights. A very hard impact into the rim like something had become stuck between the brake caliper and the rim.
I have been quoted . . . "ahem" $1322.ooAUD for one replacement alloy and tyre . . . $1,082.00AUD just for the rim.
Yeah I know, I nearly died too!

Clearly I have decided to not buy the replacement from Hyundai but have struggled to find the quoted factory offset for my 16 x 6.5 rim so I can find and buy a same size matching replacement set.
Just to be clear it is an Oct-2012 GD 6 speed manual Diesel 4 door hatch i30 Elite.
Can anyone shed some light on the subject as even Hyundai said they could not give a definitive answer.

Cheers for any help.

GD
Upgrade to 17"?  Set of 4 17 x 7 for $495 bare rims, new , no centre caps.

205/55R16 91H   6.5Jx16 ET50   5x114.3   

225/45R17 91V   7Jx17 ET53   5x114.3   

The ET  numbers are the offsets so 50mm offset

FD series has the same offsets too but the 16" rim is 05 " narrower

No pictures supplied of what you have either makes for hard work if you want help.

:link: Hyundai i30 MY15 Alloy Wheels | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Brisbane South West - Yeronga | 1139145819

Is this the style ? 52910A5300

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:07:27 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :Shocked: Wow! I don't think I've had 4 flat tyres in 40 years of driving!  :Touch:

Is somebody vandalising your car??

You are welcome to advertise on here (Wanted to Buy/Sell/Swap area - or whatever it's called)

Quite a few upgrade their wheels and stick the old ones away in the shed. Only problem is they might not want to split the set, although tw (Gerard) has come up with some options by the look of it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal