Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The one I got I don't think it had much past 2010 even though it showed 2012 and It has other Hyundais. Advantage here is it's installed as a Virtual machine so once you have it downloaded, you just need VMWare
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
To answer you question; my antivirus( Bitdefender ) blocked it.  :whistler:

Cool! If it looks too good to be true, it is not true. It is sad that 90% of Google first page hits on this topic are the scam. Or perhaps I smell easy target.

So back to the beginning to search at least cylinder head bolt tightening torques.

It is rare for Bitdefender to react like that so leave it if you just need basic pages and torque . I can knock up a few pdf pages that will cover what you need.

That's minimum I need and others I have to figure out on the fly then. Tightening cylinder head can be the critical part. Please knock up (just learned new term) what you can and will. I'm happy with all details which helps on this repair.
  • 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
The one I got I don't think it had much past 2010 even though it showed 2012 and It has other Hyundais. Advantage here is it's installed as a Virtual machine so once you have it downloaded, you just need VMWare

The virtual machine is new to me even I use it at work :). If needed I learn that too. But I try to get pdf pages to cover this repair first. That another helpful guy told he could get them.
  • 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Please knock up (just learned new term)

Use that term sparingly... it also means "to get a lady pregnant..."  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Please knock up (just learned new term)

Use that term sparingly... it also means "to get a lady pregnant..."  :snigger:

Shoosh, I was making him the stud of Helsinki.  :D

Ok mate will do  :undecided: knock up  :undecided: create  some pages in the morning and get them to you. Cheers.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
There's way too much info to copy across

better budget for new head bolts, says always use new ones, likely they're torqued to yield

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
This has become somewhat rediculous. So i've deleted posts try this, should make you happy :yahoo:

Google Drive Share

:link: i30 Owners Club shared - Google Drive

please send me feedback on it if it's working etc!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
More awesome work Gerard. I've run out of thank yous so I've had a discussion with Shambles ad we've doubled your volunteer allowance. Unfortunately (bugger all x 2) is still not a lot.  :spitty: :Pout:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
More awesome work Gerard. I've run out of thank yous so I've had a discussion with Shambles ad we've doubled your volunteer allowance. Unfortunately (bugger all x 2) is still not a lot.  :spitty: :Pout:
As my wife would say.........Sure! :victory:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hey Yo ! There's a percentage for night shift too  :spitty:

Thanks Gerard, saved my Saturday morning, I Knocked up some pages last night, but as you say gets ridiculous. Link works beautifully.

I shall return to finding you some facts .. about something... maybe anything.. who knows  :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hey Yo ! There's a percentage for night shift too  :spitty:

Thanks Gerard, saved my Saturday morning, I Knocked up some pages last night, but as you say gets ridiculous. Link works beautifully.

I shall return to finding you some facts .. about something... maybe anything.. who knows  :cool:
I need another cheap project

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Work on my PM , 1 min ago  :twisted:

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
Thanks for these instructions!
I just came to show how it looks here and noticed these. Also I'm wondering if camshaft bolt is left or right handed?

• 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I would think anticlockwise to undo. You know as much as I do at this point, potentially more :mrgreen: :scared:

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
This is how the engine looks. Type code I haven't seen yet.

• 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
Instructions tell something about removing transaxle bolts? I don't get it why. Perhaps I find out later but now sounds strange.
  • 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Instructions tell something about removing transaxle bolts? I don't get it why. Perhaps I find out later but now sounds strange.
makes sense if you read it. talks about access cover and installing the special tool in place to lock the crank at the flywheel. Won't make sense if you don't have that tool.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Often parts of the manual also covers other procedures such as engine removal. Would ignore it at this stage, it may refer to this: that you will need to lock the flywheel at TDC before you begin to reassemble.

Assume that the cam bolt is anticlockwise. That is normal, especially due to rotational direction of components, so a clockwise thread is usually noted.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :faint: I could be having breakfast

Offline Henri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
Often parts of the manual also covers other procedures such as engine removal. Would ignore it at this stage, it may refer to this: that you will need to lock the flywheel at TDC before you begin to reassemble.

Assume that the cam bolt is anticlockwise. That is normal, especially due to rotational direction of components, so a clockwise thread is usually noted.
Referring my helicopter clockwise rotating rotor propeller which tightens anticlockwise, this bolt should open clockwise. This way propeller tightens automatically, and timing pulley should work the same. Timing marks show that engine runs clockwise so bolt should open clockwise too.
  • 2011 i30 CW 1.4

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :disapp: anticlock

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Referring my helicopter clockwise rotating rotor propeller which tightens anticlockwise, this bolt should open clockwise. This way propeller tightens automatically, and timing pulley should work the same. Timing marks show that engine runs clockwise so bolt should open clockwise too.
when you hear funny noises from helicopter  engine, please land.

It's RC isn't it  ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal