i30 Owners Club

Diesel fuel filter light keeps flashing, and workshop Manual for i30

Mike8 · 33 · 24801

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As insurance, you should consider putting some Diesel treatment through your system.

Being in tropical Queensland have you experienced heavy rain ad or humid air conditions. It is quite natural for moisture in air to condense in fuel tanks and over time, a layer can build up and cause problems in the future. it is a standard pre-flight check on all aircraft, for the very same reason. :idea:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
You might find it here, I bought very cheap parts for my car.  They're not very quick to deliver, took about 3 weeks...

If I remember correct I payed ca 85 Euro for 3 parts my local Hyundai dealer wanted 310 Euro for..!

:link: KORAPS - KORea Auto Parts Service - HYUNDAI KIA GM SSANGYONG RENAULT Genuine Parts! Low Price!
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Aughy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Northern Ireland
I dont know if this helps but my "water in diesel" light came on and stayed on last year. Luckily the car was still under its 5 year warranty so I phoned the RAC and they sent a van to my house. The guy actually pulled the pump out of the car on my driveway but only after he tested the diesel. There's a lot of dodgy fuel laundering in these parts so it's worth going to reputable, usually supermarket garages to fill up which I had been doing. He replaced it and the light was out. Next morning it was back on again. I booked it in with the dealers but between that and me going it went out again and touch wood it's stayed that way ever since. I cancelled the appointment.
  • 2012 I30 Blue Active Diesel 1600

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal