i30 Owners Club

Stop start not working after fuel filter change?

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
After my last service my diesel fuel filter was replaced at main dealer they told me that the stop / start system would not work for approximately 24 hrs. Does anyone know why this happens?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
After my last service my diesel fuel filter was replaced at main dealer they told me that the stop / start system would not work for approximately 24 hrs. Does anyone know why this happens?

Wow! Your stop start actually works most of the time? That's interesting. The stop start in Hyundai's has so many parameters that have to be met it often doesn't work at all. Other members find it annoying (they would like to be able to turn it off permanently) and by all accounts it doesn't save much fuel. Don't think any Aussie delivered i30 has the Stop start function.

So it could be any one of a number of parameters, but does sound a bit odd.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Thanks, but that does not answer my question. Why not just say you don't know. I know most people dont like stop / start, me included but there is a reason why I've  asked this. Every time I ask a question i feel I'm being ridiculed, yes I'm no mechanic that's why I joined this forum to ask questions about my car no matter how silly they sound to others they're not silly to me.
If you can't help I'd rather you just didn't answer the question rather than write garbage. Rant over.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry, I certainly wasn't intending to ridicule you. Hopefully someone can answer it. Unfortunately because we don't get the feature in Australia it will need to be a European based technician. These are few and far between on the forum. I think your best bet would be to ask the mechanic that told you that.  :cool:

BTW it wasn't just any garbage.. It was Tasmanian gibberish. A bit like Lucas Electrics are rubbish, but at least they are British rubbish.  :twisted:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks, but that does not answer my question. Why not just say you don't know. I know most people dont like stop / start, me included but there is a reason why I've  asked this. Every time I ask a question i feel I'm being ridiculed, yes I'm no mechanic that's why I joined this forum to ask questions about my car no matter how silly they sound to others they're not silly to me.
If you can't help I'd rather you just didn't answer the question rather than write garbage. Rant over.

Mate, I can see how this happened. :goodjob2:

Now, Im as generous with my time as is the ever personable Dazz.

But, if someone came into my workshop with your cantankerous attitude, he WOULD be leaving with no start at all; and his ratty old sporran shoved fair up his jaxie.
END of rant. :disapp:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Why not ask the place that said it? I was reading up on other ISG systems in other models , only up tp 2016, I can't see anything mentioned regard ISG and fuel filter having an impact.

so about the only person that may have a clue would be Tim, @cruiserfied

Did it stop working?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Why not ask the place that said it? I was reading up on other ISG systems in other models , only up tp 2016, I can't see anything mentioned regard ISG and fuel filter having an impact.

so about the only person that may have a clue would be Tim, @cruiserfied

Did it stop working?

After that outburst i'll pass
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
@Bubbacpt

The dealership probably didn’t want to befuddle you with the technical reason, which is :-

The engine’s BS sensor detects that the entropic valency and synchronous  viscosity index of the new oil is outside the optimised performance index parameters set by the ECU. The ECU will go into a cyclic integrated monitoring mode during which time the ESS is interrupted as protection against an interstitial spike in the WTF management functionality.

I hope this explanation clarifies the matter and you will not be put off asking more questions on the forum.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal