i30 Owners Club

2010 FD which type of service?

Donk10 · 3 · 1080

Offline Donk10

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West midlands
Hi

I've had my 2010 FD since 2017 and I've only had it serviced at a garage  once and that was a kwik fit  :( anyway I've swapped out the filters and had the oil and oil filter changed last year and this year I've changed my spark plugs and had 4 new tires back in august but I've not really done much to it since its mot back in feb. Should I go and get a service organised? If so which one as I have nearly 55k on the clock, it only had 34k on it back in 2017.
  • 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
If you were able change the engine oil, you are capable of doing the other service jobs also. Transmission oil, brake fluid and coolant might need change If not done recently. AC service might also be valid, but that is a garage job anyways...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
My partners 2011 diesel has now done 201,000 miles. The last time it went to the dealers for a service was over 3 years and 90,000 miles ago. I've done all the servicing since then. Oil & filter change every 10,000 miles. Air & pollen filters every year. Fuel filter every 60,000 miles, gearbox oil change every 90,000 miles. Most important, taking the wheels off every few months and checking the condition of the brakes, and replacing discs and pads when necessary.

If you can get hold of the service schedule, figure out what jobs you can tackle yourself, try and find a trustworthy garage to do the jobs you don't want to attempt.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal