i30 Owners Club

I30 SR 2018 constant dripping after a drive and shudder on idle/low RPM

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
If it's a short drive, there won't be any dripping but if I drive for more than 30 mins I will hear a constant dripping sound when I turn off the car. It drips for a couple minutes and stops. Is this common?

My car also seems to feel like it shudders more when on idle than it used to when I got it fresh. It sometimes shudders when I slow to a crawl and accelerate (not a complete stop). I've brought my car in for the respective car checks annually and mentioned all of this but always got back a negatory on detecting any issues. I'm due to bring it in for this year's inspection and will definitely bring it up again but would like to hear anyone else having to deal with these issues and if the dealership has been able to fix them.
  • i30 SR

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Do you have the AC on? It condenses the moisture in the air and drains out, its not uncommon to see a puddle of water under a car when its been driving for a while. Made me panic first couple of times i saw it lol
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Minimal A/C being used at the moment. The odd thing is, there's no puddle on the ground. The dripping isn't slow either and it baffles the bejeezus outta me.
  • i30 SR

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Its not something expanding and contracting making a sound similar to a dripping?

If its happening only when its hot it does a bit heat related.
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
hmmm it didn't cross my mind to think of it that way! say it was expanding and contracting, is that normal for I30 SR models? when I do my next drive I'll make it a point to record a video and post it up here
  • i30 SR

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
heatshield on the turbo, pretty normal when its hot, I'd call it "ticking"

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
cheers, I think that was it! just brought the car in for it's annual check-up and they put it down to either the heatshield or a/c drain.
  • i30 SR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal