i30 Owners Club

Add Bluetooth receiver to 2010 radio

Offline candelas762

• 1st Gear

• es Spain
      Sevilla
Hi everyone. After buying and being able to do the maintenance and small fixes thanks to this forum, I decided to ask something that I miss in this car.
I have a 2010 i30 cw which doesn't have Bluetooth and I was wondering if it possible to add a Bluetooth receiver to the back of the radio, something like this:

:link: Bluetooth Wireless Micro Phone Call Handsfree Cable AUX Adapter for Smart Fortwo 450 451 Roadster Radio CD 6 8 Pin MINI ISO Plug|Cables, Adapters & Sockets|

I have no idea if this is possible or what I need to look for.

I would like it for calls and music. I currently have a FM transmitter which connects via Bluetooth with my phone but, although for music is great, for calls is horrible as none can hear me clearly because the transmitter is too far, connected in the lighter outlet. I have consider adding a Parrot for calls but it would work for music. I have also consider a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the aux and USB port but that would leave a lot of cables out.

• i30 cw 1.6

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Can you not find a 2nd hand head unit with bluetooth built in?

IMHO i have never hear any of those kits sound that good, so i have always fitted an aftermarket head unit. However the wifes FD came with bluetooth and USB in as OEM so i havent bothered changing that as it works pretty well. It would also be cheaper and still look like a factory fit for you.
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Jaime. I sent you a message with some of my experience but it pretty much sums up your last line about using an auxiliary / USB device. For me, there's no cable mess because it's all in the centre armrest and very neat in any case.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal